Panel: Naperville's 5th Ave. development should have 20% affordable housing
A panel in Naperville is recommending 20 percent of homes in a redevelopment project near the train station meet the state's definition of affordable housing. Here's why.
Pork & Mindy's BBQ to expand into Mariano's storesChicago-based barbecue restaurant Pork & Mindy's will be expanding its presence in the suburbs with the help of the Mariano's grocery chain.
'Tobacco 21' vote now awaits governor's decisionLegislation raising the minimum age to purchase tobacco products is scheduled for a vote in the Illinois Senate today, just two days after it passed in the House.
Panera Bread with drive-through approved near Woodfield MallA Panera Bread with a drive-through will be the first of four tenants in a 10,364-square-foot commercial building to be called Meet Me On Meacham Center, which Schaumburg trustees have approved at 830 N. Meacham Road, just west of Woodfield Mall. The existing Panera Bread just to the north, which does not have a drive-through, will close when the new one opens.
Klein Tools to partner in trades "National Signing Day"Lincolnshire-based manufacturer Klein Tools will be a key sponsor for "National Signing Day 2019," a new program to recognize high school students nationwide who will pursue careers in skilled trades.
Can your employer help cure your money woes?Millions of Americans get their health insurance and retirement accounts through their employers. Now some are getting help with their debt. Here's a look at some of the approaches.
Libertyville to continue court fight with archdioceseLibertyville plans to continue its legal fight against the Archdiocese of Chicago over a proposed residential development on property the church owns west of Butterfield Road.
Trump reportedly wanted his personal pilot to head the FAA. The job is still vacant.The role has been filled on acting basis for the last 14 months. Last year, Trump recommended John Dunkin, who has been working with the real estate tycoon since 1989.
Meijer expands Shop & Scan program to suburban storesMeijer announced Tuesday it has rolled out its new Shop & Scan mobile shopping checkout program to its 18 suburban Chicago stores.
Haven't got your tax documents yet? Here's what to doHere are some common tax necessities that might go missing -- and what a tax pro says you can do if they give you the slip.
Schaumburg Golf Club manager wins Illinois PGA awardThe Illinois Professional Golfers' Association Section has recognized the Schaumburg Golf Club's General Manager of Golf Operations Jonathan Parsons as its 2018 Merchandiser of the Year.
What does New York's new harassment law tell us about the future of harassment training?The wise employer may want to give some attention to the new law that went into effect in New York on Oct. 9. It may well be a harbinger of things to come, and may at least suggest some best practices
Executive onboarding for successWhile executive training is a crucial part of continued leadership development, that training is best started at the very beginning with a strong executive onboarding program.
Shingles, pneumonia vaccinations are vital, easy to getThe easiest way to prevent diseases that can threaten our health is by getting vaccinated.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NapervillePanel: Naperville's 5th Ave. development should have 20% affordable housing
- BusinessPork & Mindy's BBQ to expand into Mariano's stores
- SchaumburgPanera Bread with drive-through approved near Woodfield Mall
- LincolnshireKlein Tools to partner in trades "National Signing Day"
- LibertyvilleLibertyville to continue court fight with archdiocese
- NewsSchaumburg Golf Club manager wins Illinois PGA award
- SchaumburgSchaumburg to consider master plan for entertainment district
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn neighbors prevail in lawsuit against Five Corners gas station
- Downers GroveD3 Financial Counselors nets 'best financial advisors' honor
- SchaumburgLavelle Law adds election law practice
- Elk Grove VillageBrown Commercial brokers three leases in DuPage County
- West DundeeIf recreational cannabis becomes legal in Illinois, how the industry could grow
- BusinessDaily Herald plans to move two blocks to new office
- Long GroveConstruction means new location for two big fests in Long Grove
- SchaumburgHostmark Hospitality Group affiliates with TQP Capital Partners