Days after submitting Arlington Park bid, Bears ink deal with Churchill's Rivers Casino
Days after submitting a bid to buy the Churchill Downs Inc.-owned Arlington Park, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday announced a new partnership with the company's Rivers Casino in Des Plaines.
Can Arlington Heights officials control future of Arlington Park?How much say do Arlington Heights village officials have over what happens with the Arlington Park site? Only some, they emphasized Monday, on a night when the mayor and trustees approved new zoning rules that expressly prohibit certain uses on the 326-acre property.
Palatine council approves plan for 8th new car dealership in townPalatine will be welcoming its eighth new car dealership next year, provided construction takes place on schedule.
Feder: Phil Rosenthal exits Tribune for 'thrilling, terrifying' futureAnother reason to read the Chicago Tribune will walk out the door Friday when Phil Rosenthal signs off after 16 years of outstanding work in three high-profile roles.
Industrial site sold for $3.04 millionA 51,700-square-foot industrial facility at 1425-1455 Tonne Road in Elk Grove Village has been sold to a private investor for $3.04 million, real estate brokers said.
Hoffman Estates approves new Popeyes with drive-throughHoffman Estates trustees Monday approved a new Popeyes restaurant with a drive-through just east of Hoffman Plaza on Golf Road, but the developer has a couple of tasks to complete before construction can begin.
High court sides with ex-athletes in NCAA compensation caseThe Supreme Court decided unanimously Monday that the NCAA can't enforce rules limiting education-related benefits -- like computers and paid internships -- that colleges offer to student athletes.
IAA expands footprint in New Jersey marketIAA Inc. Monday said it has acquired Marisat Inc., which does business as Auto Exchange, a New Jersey-based provider of personal service and security in the auto salvage recovery industry.
'Over the moon,' 'Not a fan': Arlington Park neighbors ponder possible Chicago Bears relocationWhen it comes to the Chicago Bears possibly relocating to Arlington Park, nearby residents and business owners in Arlington Heights and Rolling Meadows have mixed feelings. One the one hand: tax revenue. On the other: potential traffic jams.
Both horses and Chicago Bears at Arlington Park? Some, like consortium leader and mayor, like ideaCould the Chicago Bears and thoroughbred racing coexist at a reimagined Arlington Park? Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes and the head of a consortium seeking to preserve horseracing endorse the idea.
Nissan CEO promises turnaround for disgruntled shareholdersNissan Chief Executive Makoto Uchida has pleaded for patience from disgruntled shareholders and promised a turnaround at the Japanese automaker
Business Ledger | New real estate project management firm comes to NapervilleMichael A. Tenuta has founded Strategic Project Advisors LLC, a Naperville firm offering real estate program and project management, and capital project planning and consulting on commercial, industrial, hospitality and life sciences projects.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Des PlainesDays after submitting Arlington Park bid, Bears ink deal with Churchill's Rivers Casino
- Special ReportCan Arlington Heights officials control future of Arlington Park?
- PalatinePalatine council approves plan for 8th new car dealership in town
- WheelingWheeling restaurants awarded grants totaling $73,576
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves new Popeyes with drive-through
- Rolling Meadows'Over the moon,' 'Not a fan': Arlington Park neighbors ponder possible Chicago Bears relocation
- Special ReportBoth horses and Chicago Bears at Arlington Park? Some, like consortium leader and mayor, like idea
- Des PlainesConstable: He has no pulse, but Des Plaines man hasn't missed a beat as 'LVAD Dad'
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: Bears could be feeling earth move all the way to host and play in Super Bowl 67
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen not ready to treat microbreweries like any bar or restaurant
- ItascaItasca's job growth driven by technology and manufacturing
- BartlettHistoric barn inspires a new restaurant in Bartlett
- AuroraSuncast Corp., a manufacturer of high-quality resin products, said it has installed new solar array panels to help power its Batavia operations.
- WaucondaWauconda offering incentive for business facade improvements
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for Jan. 1 through Feb. 4, 2021
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more