Is new Costco worth $5.5 million incentive? Naperville has decision to make.
A second Costco could be coming to Naperville, but the wholesaler has said it would need $5.5 million in tax incentives to make the store possible.
Vehicle charging station maker picks Libertyville for headquartersEVBox, a global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations, has announced plans for a North American headquarters and production facility in Libertyville.
Is TIF district the answer in Buffalo Grove's Lake-Cook corridor?Could a Tax Increment Financing district breath new life into struggling areas of Buffalo Grove's Lake-Cook corridor? Village officials hope so, as they inch closer to establishing a TIF within the 472-acre corridor.
Warehouse developer backs out of Elk Grove Township planA developer's plan to build a warehouse next to houses in Elk Grove Township is dead after a lawsuit filed by a group of residents and businesses was settled.
Arlington Heights proposes TIF district to give southern entryway a glow-upArlington Heights officials have proposed setting up what would become the sixth tax increment financing district in the village's history to help rejuvenate the southern entryway to town.
Popeyes proposed for Route 47 site in HuntleyPopeyes Louisiana Kitchen is proposing a 2,454-square-foot drive-thru location along Route 47 in Huntley.
Gabutto Burger to open this spring on Randall Road in ElginBurgers with a Japanese twist are coming soon to the Randall Road corridor. Gabutto Burger is expected to open this spring in Elgin, just north of I-90.
Feder: Chicago radio ratings: 93.9 Lite FM notches historic victoryWLIT 93.9-FM remained the most popular radio station in the Chicago area during January, according to Nielsen Audio figures released Tuesday.
Barrington Area Chamber announces 2020 business awardsThe Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce announced the 2020 business awards at its Annual Dinner & Scholarship Fundraiser Thursday, Jan. 16, at Avante Banquets and Conference Center.
Feder: Big 95.5 counting down 'Top 1,000 Country Songs of All Time'All this week on WEBG 95.5-FM they're counting down the "Top 1,000 Country Songs of All Time," Robert Feder writes.
A rare miss for Walmart to end the yearWalmart reported disappointing fourth-quarter profits and sales after a sluggish and shortened holiday shopping season
Are employers responsible for protecting their employees from workplace violence?An employer cannot predict workplace violence but they can have procedures in place to help keep their employees safe.
Disrupting B2B payments in 2020Anyone working in a small to medium sized business knows that one of the biggest pain points is managing vendor payments. As a Treasury Management professional, our team regularly visits Accounts Payable (AP) departments only to find their AP clerks overwhelmed with paper and multiple processes to manage payments. While 2019 was the year of person to person (P2P) payment growth (think Venmo, Zelle, etc.), it's predicted that 2020 will be a year of disruption for business to business (B2B) payments. With so much digital advancement in the recent past, AP departments are now primed to take advantage of automated solutions to streamline their processes.
Unmasking the culture-killing leaderA company's culture isn't worth the piece of paper it's written on if your leader is crumpling it. When a bad boss is aboard, employees feel browbeaten and defeated.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NapervilleIs new Costco worth $5.5 million incentive? Naperville has decision to make.
- LibertyvilleVehicle charging station maker picks Libertyville for headquarters
- Buffalo GroveIs TIF district the answer in Buffalo Grove's Lake-Cook corridor?
- Elk Grove VillageWarehouse developer backs out of Elk Grove Township plan
- Glen EllynPopcorn and a chardonnay? Glen Ellyn movie theater considers selling alcohol
- NewsArlington Heights proposes TIF district to give southern entryway a glow-up
- HuntleyPopeyes proposed for Route 47 site in Huntley
- CarpentersvilleGabutto Burger to open this spring on Randall Road in Elgin
- BarringtonBarrington Area Chamber announces 2020 business awards
- LisleInterstate Batteries opens lab at UTI
- Downers GroveBurns & McDonnell earns Best Company to Work For honors
- BusinessBarron's names Aptar a Most Sustainable Company
- BusinessBaxter completes Seprafilm acquisition
- Elk Grove VillageDeveloper publicly denies role in push for Elk Grove term limits
- Rolling MeadowsExpress Employment office receives service award
Through the Film Magnifier: Dallas Green, Tony LaRussa, The Lone Ranger, electric cars, a war protest and more