Core acquires Deerfield office building for $6.75M
Core Acquisitions, a Chicago-based commercial real estate investment, development and property management company, has acquired Ten North Parkway in Deerfield for $6.75 million.
Perry's Steakhouse proposed west of Hyatt Regency SchaumburgUnless Schaumburg trustees have any reservations Tuesday night, patrons can start making their own for a new Perry's Steakhouse & Grille that would open in the summer of 2020 west of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg on Golf Road.
LG Business Solutions names Wicka vice presidentGarry Wicka of Arlington Heights has been named vice president of marketing for LG Business Solutions, LG Electronics, based in Lincolnshire.
New Coffee Lab to give North Central students hands-on industry experienceFrom picking coffee cherries off plants in Guatemala to packaging beans for local sales, North Central College students have been using hands-on practices for more than a decade to learn about aspects of the coffee industry. Program leaders now are hoping to round out the experience by launching a new facility with a professional-grade coffee roaster on the Naperville campus.
As Hispanic small business owners grow, they must also consider succession planningSuccession planning is an often-overlooked step in safeguarding the future of a business -- especially significant for family-owned companies and those that represent a primary source of income and family wealth.
Feder: Pulitzer for L.A. Times reflects Chicagoan's key roleJim Kirk's brief tenure as editor-in-chief of the Los Angeles Times last year yielded more than just the respect and gratitude of the staff for the veteran Chicago journalist, Robert Feder writes.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approvedThe Lake Zurich village board approved a plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new one.
Wistron Mobile Solutions subleases space in SchaumburgChicagoland Commercial Real Estate recently represented Wistron Mobile Solutions Corp. in its sublease of a 14,891 square foot office space at 953 American Lane Schaumburg.
Ticked about politics? Change begins nowIf you're one of the apparently many people unhappy about the way our political leaders are leading, what are you going to do to, hopefully, find some election happiness?
Idea for countywide hotel tax to boost DuPage tourism sparks controversyDuPage tourism officials say the landscape has changed and that a new approach is needed to fill the county's nearly 16,000 hotel rooms. But one proposal is sparking controversy because it calls for the creation of a countywide hotel occupancy tax.
Liz Weston: How debt 'solutions' could dig you in deeperPaying off high-rate debt such as credit cards with lower-rate loans may seem like a no-brainer, but it's important to understand the pros and cons before borrowing money to repay other debt
Does cybersecurity matter for a family office?Data breaches are constantly in the news and most companies know they should be concerned about privacy and the security of their data. However, most family offices are not sure how to start addressing their concerns, or worse, don't view the family office as a target.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BusinessCore acquires Deerfield office building for $6.75M
- SchaumburgPerry's Steakhouse proposed west of Hyatt Regency Schaumburg
- NapervilleNew Coffee Lab to give North Central students hands-on industry experience
- ElginDogtopia, now open on Randall Road in South Elgin, offers daycare, boarding and playtime for four-legged friends.
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approved
- SchaumburgWistron Mobile Solutions subleases space in Schaumburg
- LombardIdea for countywide hotel tax to boost DuPage tourism sparks controversy
- ElginElgin Rotary helping businesses attract millennials
- Fox LakeIsland Lake sued over controversial towing contract
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows hosts second annual business expo Thursday
- Lake CountyAntioch Chamber of Commerce to host multichamber, multistate luncheon
- Lake Zurich40-unit townhouse development near downtown Lake Zurich approved
- RosemontShoeless Joe's plans to reopen in Schiller Park
- RosemontRedevelopment at AMC movie theater in Rosemont?
- NapervilleB.Good to expand in suburbs