Barbering family moves into Naperville with newest shop
Joe Beardsley is one of more than 20 barbers in his family, and he's helped expand the family trade by opening six shops in three states, with his latest in Naperville.
July cannabis sales set record at nearly $61 millionJuly was another record month for marijuana dispensaries in Illinois, with $60.9 million in total sales.
Buy a car, get a gift card? Libertyville might try small business promotion program againA promotional program designed to market car dealerships and help small businesses in Libertyville may be coming in the fall.
Zebra ranked among top 100 innovative workplacesZebra Technologies Corp. has been selected as one of Fast Company's 2020 Best Workplaces for Innovators.
Feder: Pat Cassidy keeps Newsradio on top of the Chicago radio morning ratingsIn the first full ratings period since Felicia Middlebrooks retired as his co-anchor, Pat Cassidy retained the top spot (and the same audience share as last month) as solo morning anchor at Entercom all-news WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM.
Feder: 'Chicago Tonight' adds weekend shows to amplify Black, Latino voicesStarting the weekend of September 12, Brandis Friedman will host "Chicago Tonight: Black Voices," at 6 p.m. Sundays. Hugo Balta, news director of WTTW, will host "Chicago Tonight: Latino Voices" at 6 p.m. Saturdays.
Great Lakes to work on Louisiana LNG facility expansion- Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corp. recently signed a subcontract with Bechtel Oil, Gas and Chemicals for the Train 6 and Third Berth expansions at the Sabine Pass Liquefaction Project for subsidiaries of Cheniere Energy Partners.
Distributor pact expands PCTEL's global presencePCTEL Inc. has entered into a master distributor agreement with Welotec, a distributor in Europe and an expert in industrial communication and automation expanding PCTEL's presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Retail rout gains pace, Lord & Taylor seeks bankruptcyLord & Taylor is seeking bankruptcy protection, as is the owner of Men's Wearhouse and Jos
US manufacturing improves in July, outlook clouded by virusU.S. manufacturing showed further improvement in July with a key gauge of activity rising further into expansion territory
Business Ledger | Show me "more than" the money: Unlocking transition objectives for business ownersIndividuals want to maximize the value received for their companies, but what about engaging in proactive transition planning to better position owners and their companies to attain "more than" the money?
Show me "more than" the money: Unlocking transition objectives for business ownersIndividuals want to maximize the value received for their companies, but what about engaging in proactive transition planning to better position owners and their companies to attain "more than" the money?
Ron Onesti: Take me out to the ballgame … and concert hallBaseball is back … kind of! Who would have thought we would be going through all of this AND a 60-game season with no fans in the seats? This MUST be some sort of bad dream; somebody wake me up! But regardless, I love my baseball, and will take it any way I can get it!
Money sense: When memory fadesWith the incidence of Alzheimer's and other forms of cognitive decline projected to rise, this insight from Merrill Lynch Wealth Management could help you prepare financially for a day you hope never will come.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NapervilleBarbering family moves into Naperville with newest shop
- LibertyvilleBuy a car, get a gift card? Libertyville might try small business promotion program again
- LincolnshireZebra ranked among top 100 innovative workplaces
- Oak BrookGreat Lakes to work on Louisiana LNG facility expansion
- BloomingdaleDistributor pact expands PCTEL's global presence
- WaukeganWaukegan company hands out 50,000 face masks and hand sanitizer
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich man thought COVID-19 threat was a hoax. Then he got it and needed new lungs.
- SportsO'Donnell: State of Illinois should review all Churchill Downs Inc. licensing
- InvernessNursing home exec accused of skimming funds
- SchaumburgSchaumburg sets new policy on recommending tax breaks, renewals
- AuroraWest Nile found in mosquitoes near Aurora
- AuroraDistillery offers free guided tours, tastings
- GurneeAkhan patent OK completes optics portfolio
- News'The long-term solution is not Arlington Park': CEO says land could be sold
- NapervilleJefferson block in downtown Naperville closing for outdoor dining, shopping
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more