Steinhafels Furniture to take place of Art Van in Downer's Grove
Wisconsin-based furniture store Steinhafels will take the place of Art Van Furniture in Downers Grove.
'Small house, big garage': Residential component proposed for Naperville's Iron GateFor the last several years, founder and developer Tom Burgess has watched Iron Gate Motor Condos in Naperville transform from a mere concept to a close-knit community. Now he's looking to add a component that is often the subject of inquiries from prospective buyers: permanent living spaces.
Why federal judge's ruling on evictions won't affect IllinoisA federal judge invalidated a nationwide eviction moratorium on Wednesday, but the decision will not affect the moratorium on rental evictions in Illinois, according to housing attorneys.
Lucca Osteria & Bar opens its doors in Oak BrookLucca Osteria & Bar has taken over the former space of the Tuscany restaurant at 1415 W 22nd St. in Oak Brook. The Italian restaurant takes its name from the Tuscan province where its chef, Claudio Ulivieri, grew up as a child.
District 21 proposes administration and community service center in development next doorCurrently in a building that's nearly six decades old, Wheeling Township Elementary District 21 officials are considering moving their administrative center to a mixed-use development being built next door while welcoming a host of social service agencies under their roof.
Red meat politics: GOP turns culture war into a food fightConservatives last week gobbled up a false news story claiming President Joe Biden planned to ration red meat. Colorado Rep. Rep. Lauren Boebert suggested Biden "stay out of my kitchen." Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted out a headline warning Biden was getting "Up in your grill."
Pinehopple? Suburban cider makers take the popular beverage in different directionsJust as independent small breweries have led the way in experimenting with new flavors and beer styles, suburban cideries are moving beyond the traditional taste of apple.
Club Arcada reopening this weekend, theater to return in JulyAfter the Club Arcada in St. Charles was closed for more than a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, owner Ron Onesti talks about the excitement of reopening this weekend and discusses the upcoming openings of the Arcada Theater and two restaurants on the redeveloped downtown site.
Rolling Meadows Chamber under new managementThe Rolling Meadows Chamber of Commerce board of directors has hired the chamber management firm headed by the longtime Arlington Heights chamber boss, in a move that follows similar outsourcing by chambers in Palatine and Mount Prospect.
Feder: US99 hires Melissa McGurren to host morningsMelissa McGurren, who was a mainstay of Hubbard Radio hot adult-contemporary WTMX 101.9-FM for 22 years, has been hired by Audacy country WUSN 99.5-FM to lead a new morning show.
Allstate revenue grows 26% in quarterAllstate Corp. reported revenues of $12.5 billion in the first quarter, an increase of 26.2% compared to the prior year quarter, primarily reflecting the acquisition of National General Insurance.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Downers GroveSteinhafels Furniture to take place of Art Van in Downer's Grove
- Naperville'Small house, big garage': Residential component proposed for Naperville's Iron Gate
- Oak BrookLucca Osteria & Bar opens its doors in Oak Brook
- Downers GroveDowners Grove customers rally around beloved baker in critical condition with COVID-19
- NewsDistrict 21 proposes administration and community service center in development next door
- NapervillePinehopple? Suburban cider makers take the popular beverage in different directions
- St. CharlesClub Arcada reopening this weekend, theater to return in July
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows Chamber under new management
- GrayslakeMundelein swim school adapts lessons for kids with autism
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers, Oct. 22 to Dec. 14, 2020
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers, Dec. 11-18, 2020
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers, Oct. 22 to Dec. 24, 2020
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers, Oct. 22 to Dec. 24, 2020
- NewsNorthwest Community opens walk-in vaccination clinic
- Special ReportPublic funds for a stadium on Arlington Park site? State lawmakers from the area split on it
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more