Firehouse Dogs to leave Schaumburg building
Firehouse Dogs in Schaumburg, named the home of the best hot dog in Illinois by Travel + Leisure magazine in 2018, is in search of new digs.
Pool expansion key part of planned $3.5 project at Lakeview Fitness Center in Vernon HillsThe Vernon Hills Park District has the greenlight for a $3.5 million renovation and expansion at the Lakeview Fitness Center.
Constable: Neither 8-tracks nor CDs nor virus can scratch vinyl marketVinyl records survived 8-track, CDs and even digital streaming. And when the pandemic threatened, vinyl record sales skyrocketed at shops like Kiss The Sky in Batavia.
Senators put YouTube, TikTok, Snap on defensive on kids' useSenators put executives from YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat on the defensive Tuesday, questioning them about what they're doing to ensure young users' safety on their platforms.
EXPLAINER: What's a 'wealth tax' and how would it work?To help pay for his big economic and social agenda, President Joe Biden is looking to go where the big money is: billionaires
Feder: NBC 5 announces sports anchor to help replace Siafa LewisWMAQ-Channel 5 announced a couple of high-profile changes to its sports department Tuesday, prompted by the departure of lead sports anchor Siafa Lewis after seven years at the NBC-owned station.
Feder: Good Karma Brands names Keith Williams new boss for Chicago's ESPN 1000Good Karma Brands has moved quickly to name a new market manager for Chicago, overseeing ESPN Radio sports/talk WMVP 1000-AM.
Higher shipping rates help UPS as Q3 results top StreetUPS' third-quarter results beat analysts' expectations, as consumers are paying higher rates to have the package delivery company fulfill their shipping needs
Billionaire tax hits critics as Biden pushes for budget dealThe Democrats' idea for a new billionaires' tax to help pay for President Joe Biden's social services and climate change plan is quickly running into criticism
Union vote at Amazon's NY warehouse big step closerThe National Labor Relations Board says there's sufficient interest to form a union at an Amazon distribution center in New York City
Average US price of gas spikes 13 cents per gallon to $3.44The average U.S. price of regular-grade gasoline spiked 13 cents over the past two weeks, to $3.44 per gallon
Business Ledger | After Hours: BCENOn Oct. 20, the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) held a team-building/philanthropy day at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora, where they hand-packed meals for hungry children in remote areas of the world. BCEN staff based in Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana and Michigan flew in to BCEN's Oak Brook headquarters to participate in the very special day.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hanover ParkFirehouse Dogs to leave Schaumburg building
- NewsPool expansion key part of planned $3.5 project at Lakeview Fitness Center in Vernon Hills
- BataviaConstable: Neither 8-tracks nor CDs nor virus can scratch vinyl market
- LibertyvilleWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?
- WarrenvilleWarrenville shares ideas for former gas station site
- Elk Grove VillageOld Elk Grove motel teardown delayed by bigger asbestos cleanup job
- BataviaMeet the Geneva couple who transformed a St. Charles statuary into a venue for intimate weddings
- BusinessFormer AT&T building in downtown Arlington Heights to get new life
- Oak BrookPortillo's execs call IPO a success
- ElginAmita Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimble
- RoselleSignode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022
- Prospect HeightsChicago Executive Airport hires veteran aviation leader as new executive director
- Cook CountyIllinois Supreme Court strikes down Cook County gun tax
- ElginThe last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streak
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 25, 2021