Could railroad merger lead to more freight trains in the suburbs?
The sequel to CN's takeover of the smaller EJ&E Railroad is here. The Canadian powerhouse wants to buy the Kansas City Southern and suburbs warn it could mean more freight trains.
Relative Brewing Company set to open in August in RoselleRelative Brewing Company plans to open its doors in August and become a staple of Roselle's Town Center.
Developer scraps controversial apartment building plan in Des PlainesA developer has withdrawn a controversial plan for a four-story apartment building where a church now operates in Des Plaines.
New challenge for Mundelein: Finding tenant for top floor of village hallA private company that occupies the second floor of Mundelein's village hall is moving out.
Roselle brewery introduces Boomers beer at Schaumburg ballparkThe collaboration between Pollyana Brewing Company of Roselle and the Schaumburg Boomers that began in 2018 is expanding this year with a German-style Kölsch developed just for the ballpark.
Warrenville's Fuel Tech reports Q1 resultsWarrenville-based Fuel Tech, Inc., a technology company providing advanced engineering solutions for the optimization of combustion systems, emissions control, and water treatment in utility and industrial applications, reported financial results for the first quarter.
IDEX Corporation increases regular quarterly dividend 8%Northbrook-based IDEX Corporation's Board of Directors has approved an 8% increase in the company's regular quarterly cash dividend to $0.54 per common share.
Argonne researchers reveal how COVID-19 has transformed communitiesThe U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory in Lemont has released interactive maps and data that show the socioeconomic effects of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
US unemployment claims drop to 473,000, a new pandemic lowThe number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell last week to 473,000, a new pandemic low and the latest evidence that fewer employers are cutting jobs as consumers ramp up spending and more businesses reopen
Comedy Shrine expands in Fox Valley Mall in AuroraThe Comedy Shrine has moved to an expanded new location within Fox Valley Mall in Aurora. The venue famed for standup comedy, improv shows, a comedy museum and classes previously operated in Naperville and a different Aurora location.
Wheaton Public Library restoring full hours, with new vendor for cafeThe Wheaton Public Library will restore full hours of operation next month and plans to reopen a cafe with a new coffee shop vendor in another step toward normalcy.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- RoselleRelative Brewing Company set to open in August in Roselle
- Des PlainesDeveloper scraps controversial apartment building plan in Des Plaines
- MundeleinNew challenge for Mundelein: Finding tenant for top floor of village hall
- HampshireHampshire set to build downtown streetscape along State Street
- RoselleRoselle brewery introduces Boomers beer at Schaumburg ballpark
- WarrenvilleWarrenville's Fuel Tech reports Q1 results
- BusinessIDEX Corporation increases regular quarterly dividend 8%
- BusinessArgonne researchers reveal how COVID-19 has transformed communities
- AuroraComedy Shrine expands in Fox Valley Mall in Aurora
- WheatonWheaton Public Library restoring full hours, with new vendor for cafe
- BusinessMcHenry County businesses struggle to hire workers as reopening continues
- Glen EllynCollege of DuPage signs transfer agreements with HBCUs
- SchaumburgA Millennium Park for suburbs? Schaumburg could build urban-style park at ex-Motorola site
- NewsGlenview Chamber presents its first hiring fair
- NewsGIOSTAR chairman honored for outstanding cancer research
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more