Work on Life Time Fitness in Lake Zurich to resume in late spring, company rep says
The stalled Life Time Fitness project in Lake Zurich will resume in May or June, and when it does, there's about 10 or 11 months of work left to do, according to a Life Time official.
Bacci Pizzeria coming to PalatineThe 11th location of Bacci Pizzeria in Illinois is expected to open in Palatine sometime within the next three to six months.
O'Hare's Pub in Bartlett moving next to new bowling alleyO'Hare's Pub and Restaurant in Bartlett, shuttered by pandemic regulations since October, is aiming for a March 1 opening date at a new location alongside the equally new Midway Landing Bowling Alley in the Streets of Bartlett shopping center downtown.
Business owners call for year-round Arlington AlfrescoArlington Heights' outdoor street dining zone may return this year, in anticipation of continued indoor restrictions and capacity limits. Its popularity has some talking about making it a permanent fixture of the Northwest suburb's vibrant downtown scene.
Huntley Square demolition viewed as a sign of progress in CarpentersvilleWhen demolition began last month on Huntley Square in Carpentersville, Village Manager Eric Johnson wasn't the only one who wanted to watch. As he drove toward the corner of Route 31 and Huntley Road, he noticed people lingering near the beleaguered office and retail center to take pictures as the structure met its demise.
Palatine council wants more discussion on new Madcats venue downtownA plan to open Madcats restaurant/bar with live music in downtown Palatine was grilled by members of the village council, who generally expressed support for the venture but postponed their decision to Feb. 1.
Feder: Media watchdog Steve Rhodes suspends Beachwood ReporterVeteran journalist Steve Rhodes is stepping back after 15 years as media critic for The Beachwood Reporter, the independent website he founded and nurtured as editor and publisher.
ITW to acquire division of MTSGlenview-based Illinois Tool Works Inc. said Tuesday it has agreed to buy MTS Systems Corp.'s Test & Simulation business. The acquisition will be finalized following the closing of Connecticut-based Amphenol Corp.'s acquisition of MTS, the companies said.
How Operation Warp Speed Created Vaccination ChaosHospitals and clinics across the country are canceling vaccine appointments because the Trump administration tells states how many doses they'll receive only one week at a time, making it all but impossible to plan a comprehensive vaccination campaign.
Two years after fire in which 30 dogs died, kennel near Carol Stream now a vacant lotScarred by fire, the old kennel near Carol Stream had stood as a sad reminder of a blaze that killed nearly 30 dogs two years ago this month. It's now a vacant lot after DuPage County officials intervened to ensure the charred remains of the buildings on the site were torn down in December.
Feder: 'Black Ink Crew' star Charmaine Bey named midday host on WGCICharmaine Bey, who leveraged her popularity on the VH-1 hit reality show "Black Ink Crew: Chicago" into a radio career, has been promoted to midday personality at WGCI 107.5-FM, the iHeartMedia hip-hop station.
Wintrust Commercial Banking creates new divisionWintrust Commercial Banking announced the creation of a new division, Wintrust Money Service Exchange Group, to focus on supporting businesses within the money service business industry.
Business Ledger | 'We deliver significant impact to national clients'Q: Describe your company. A: Simon/Myers provides strategy and creative services to national brands facing moments of transformation in their business or marketing functions. We partner with our clients to help them both understand and respond to shifts in their market, channel or audience. All of our creative work is data and research driven, with a goal of being actionable and driving bottom-line results.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Lake ZurichWork on Life Time Fitness in Lake Zurich to resume in late spring, company rep says
- PalatineBacci Pizzeria coming to Palatine
- BartlettO'Hare's Pub in Bartlett moving next to new bowling alley
- BusinessBusiness owners call for year-round Arlington Alfresco
- CarpentersvilleHuntley Square demolition viewed as a sign of progress in Carpentersville
- PalatinePalatine council wants more discussion on new Madcats venue downtown
- Carol StreamTwo years after fire in which 30 dogs died, kennel near Carol Stream now a vacant lot
- RosemontBandits season scratched, but there will be softball in Rosemont in 2021
- St. CharlesHow St. Charles is dealing with noise complaints from outdoor dining music
- GurneeNew Northwestern Medicine site opening in Gurnee
- ElginNew Chick-fil-A opening Thursday in Elgin
- SchaumburgPlans tweaked for Holiday Inn Express, but Schaumburg says no building permit yet
- PalatinePalatine holding blood drive
- Lake CountyLake County wants residents ready to get, give shots as vaccine supplies increase
- GurneeFour Gurnee-area restaurants to defy indoor dining ban
Through the Film Magnifier: Glen Campbell, Steve Garvey, Globetrotters, Scrabble tournaments and more