Warren, Ocasio-Cortez demand answers on Sears bankruptcy from Mnuchin
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., are calling on U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to be more transparent about his time on Sears's board as the retailer plunged into bankruptcy. They also take issue with his possible oversight of the company's pension plans.
Des Plaines approves "hotel-style" senior living community downtownDes Plaines has approved plans for a $30 million "hotel-style" senior living community downtown.
Elgin founder of suburban group of McDonald's franchises remembered as a kind businessmanThe Elgin founder of a large group of McDonald's franchise restaurants in the suburbs was remembered as a kind family man and businessman always committed to contributing to the community.
Des Plaines recommends tax break for $12.5 million industrial buildingDes Plaines has recommended a tax break for a developer that plans to demolish two industrial properties on the south side of the city and construct a $12.5 million building at the site.
Daily Herald's Pyke wins honors for investigative reportingDaily Herald senior writer Marni Pyke placed third in the prestigious Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Awards for Investigative Reporting for her series reporting on Illinois tollway contracts and hiring.
Five suburban entrepreneurs named EY award finalistsFive suburban entrepreneurs were among the Midwest finalists announced for EY's Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 Award in the Midwest.
Chicago bank CEO accused of bribing Manafort for administration jobStephen Calk, a former economic adviser to President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, was indicted Thursday for allegedly approving $16 million in loans to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in exchange for his help seeking a top post in the administration.
Avison Young brokers sale of Mount Prospect buildingsAvison Young has negotiated the sale of a 182,298-square-foot industrial property at 1900-2000 Carboy Drive in Mount Prospect.
Hey Nonny names Gore general managerMusic venue and bistro Hey Nonny has appointed Fred Gore general manager.
CBRE brokers $21 million retail center saleCBRE recently brokered the sale of 22nd Street Plaza, a 176,164-square-foot retail property at 17W734 22nd St. in Oakbrook Terrace for $21 million.
Court: Chicago food truck regulations constitutionalThe Chicago Tribune reports the court said Thursday that the rules are constitutional and the city can protect brick-and-mortar restaurants from competition from food trucks.
The 2020 election and U.S. immigrationThere's little doubt that U.S. immigration policy will be a central theme of the 2020 Presidential election. While illegal immigration continues to grab headlines, it's the too often overlooked legal immigration system that also provides virtually unlimited opportunities for improvement.
Why I should consider a search fund when selling my businessSmall businesses are experiencing a period of unprecedented transition. Baby boomers make up more than 50% of today's business owners. Many are approaching retirement without a firm succession plan in place.
State and local tax: Why are resale certificates are important for your businessResale certificates are a very important part of the state and local sales tax process. Not having the correct certificates on file can land your business in hot water.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesWarren, Ocasio-Cortez demand answers on Sears bankruptcy from Mnuchin
- Des PlainesDes Plaines approves "hotel-style" senior living community downtown
- ElginElgin founder of suburban group of McDonald's franchises remembered as a kind businessman
- Des PlainesDes Plaines recommends tax break for $12.5 million industrial building
- St. CharlesGas station, retail space slated for St. Charles business park
- Mount ProspectAvison Young brokers sale of Mount Prospect buildings
- BusinessHey Nonny names Gore general manager
- Oakbrook TerraceCBRE brokers $21 million retail center sale
- Lake ZurichACCO Brands extends lease on Lake Zurich HQ
- SchaumburgDistrict 211 tries again to sell 62-acre Schaumburg site
- North AuroraNorth Aurora firm recalls 62,000 pounds of beef that may have E. coli
- Lake CountyHundreds of Lake County properties were overtaxed, officials admit
- WheelingWheeling to demolish vacant Evanger's pet food factory
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove-sponsored Bahamas Bowl set for Dec. 20
- SportsO'Donnell: Would Holzhauer benefit by pulling his own 'Jeopardy!' buzzer?