Next for proposed Schaumburg entertainment district: Seek a developer
Schaumburg trustees' endorsement Tuesday of a master plan for a proposed entertainment district on the east side of Meacham Road between the I-90 tollway and Algonquin Road is hoped to lead to finding a developer for the project by year's end.
Rolling Meadows mayor calls for fewer townhouses, but aldermen disagreeDespite an attempt by Rolling Meadows Mayor Len Prejna to lessen the density of a proposed 106-unit townhouse development in the city's downtown, the plan will stay unchanged ahead of a formal council vote next week.
Mundelein officials revising development plan for village -- especially Diamond LakeAs Mundelein officials update the village's comprehensive development plan, they're giving special attention to the area north and east of scenic Diamond Lake.
'We feel that this center can be revitalized': How Buffalo Grove hopes to change shopping centerBuffalo Grove's Cambridge Commons shopping center -- clinging to a single occupant and considered an eyesore by residents -- will receive a complete makeover and new anchor tenant.
Appeals court tosses VHT's $4 million copyright infrigngement awardA federal appeals court has thrown out a $4 million ruling awarded to Rosemont-based VHT Studios in a copyright infringement lawsuit it filed against online real estate company Zillow.
Cawley Chicago to handle leasing of Schaumburg complexRMS Properties has hired Cawley Chicago as the exclusive brokerage team representing Schaumburg National Plaza and Schaumburg Atrium Center.
Feder: The Score promotes Laurence Holmes to early afternoonsLaurence Holmes, the veteran Chicago sportscaster and evening host at Entercom sports/talk WSCR 670-AM, is moving up to a new afternoon shift at The Score, Robert Feder writes.
Feder: WLS rounds out staff with new program boss, afternoon anchorCumulus Media finalized the latest makeover of news/talk WLS 890-AM Tuesday with the hiring of Stephanie Tichenor as program director and Lauren Cohn as afternoon news anchor, Robert Feder writes.
Eby-Brown to be acquired by Performance Food GroupEby-Brown Company, a family-owned distribution firm that has had a presence in the suburbs for 130 years, announced Tuesday it is being acquired by Richmond, Virginia-based Performance Food Group Company.
3 things to watch for from the Federal Reserve on WednesdayBesides issuing a policy statement Wednesday, the Fed will update its forecasts for the economy and interest rates, and Chairman Jerome Powell will hold a news conference. Analysts will be looking for any fresh hints of how the Fed intends to manage its rate policies in the coming months.
MREDpalooza expo returns June 25Midwest Real Estate Data will co-host the return of MREDpalooza, one of the largest multiple listing service technology exhibitions in the country.
What does New York's new harassment law tell us about the future of harassment training?The wise employer may want to give some attention to the new law that went into effect in New York on Oct. 9. It may well be a harbinger of things to come, and may at least suggest some best practices
Executive onboarding for successWhile executive training is a crucial part of continued leadership development, that training is best started at the very beginning with a strong executive onboarding program.
Shingles, pneumonia vaccinations are vital, easy to getThe easiest way to prevent diseases that can threaten our health is by getting vaccinated.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- SchaumburgNext for proposed Schaumburg entertainment district: Seek a developer
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows mayor calls for fewer townhouses, but aldermen disagree
- MundeleinMundelein officials revising development plan for village -- especially Diamond Lake
- Buffalo Grove'We feel that this center can be revitalized': How Buffalo Grove hopes to change shopping center
- NewsArgonne supercomputer with high-performance computing, AI could help solve real-world problems
- Oakbrook TerraceCawley Chicago to handle leasing of Schaumburg complex
- NapervilleEby-Brown to be acquired by Performance Food Group
- LisleMREDpalooza expo returns June 25
- BusinessDaily Herald plans to move two blocks to new office
- Oak BrookInland sells Denver multifamily properties
- NapervilleReviews beginning on sale of Little Friends land to North Central College
- BataviaGeneva home dating to 1854 to undergo renovation
- North AuroraClass-action sought in biometric data lawsuit against North Aurora senior facility
- ItascaJewel-Osco expands loyalty program
- ItascaMortenson completes O'Hare project