Judge rules rights to 'Apple Haus' brand didn't come with the building
A federal judge has ruled that the Apple Haus brand didn't get sold along with the Long Grove building in which its products were once made, ending a trademark infringement lawsuit.
Park Ridge leaning toward ban on recreational marijuana salesRecreational marijuana use will be legal for adults in Illinois on Jan. 1, but you may not be able to buy it in Park Ridge.
Suburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips awayThe demise of the Huntley Outlet Center is just one of many different scenarios playing out across the suburbs as once thriving retail malls look to reinvent themselves or struggle to remain relevant.
Developer, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal loomsA developer has three weeks left to convince remaining homeowners in a shrinking residential subdivision to sell, in hopes of annexing those properties into Elk Grove Village for future industrial development.
Analysis: The white-male mentorship premiumNew research by salary website PayScale found that employees who have a white male advocate often end up with higher pay, and most of those employees are white men.
Vantage Financial celebrates 30 yearsVantage Financial Partners Limited, Inc., a financial planning and investment management firm, is celebrating 30 years in business by giving away 30 financial plans in the next year.
New law bans salary questions in job interviews. What to say if you're asked anyway.Experts say job candidates should answer with a little deflection -- and a lot of tact.
Mount Prospect 'Summer Slide' pub crawl set for Sept. 14The Mount Prospect Downtown Merchants Association is hosting the Summer Slide Social Pub Crawl on Saturday, Sept. 14, featuring fun activities at each stop and a scavenger hunt through which participants can win extra raffle tickets.
'Tesla killers' are having a really hard time killing TeslaIt's a trope that's been around roughly as long as Elon Musk has been in the car business: When a new electric vehicle is unveiled, it's dubbed a potential 'Tesla killer.'
Wireless carrier throttling of online video is pervasiveNew research shows the throttling happens pretty much everywhere all the time.
Paneling project could help Naperville 'build up on solar'Naperville soon could be generating solar power at three municipal buildings, creating enough electricity to supply 161 homes for a year.
Columns | St. Charles firm's work with NASA dates back to ApolloCain Tubular, a third-generation family-owned business in St. Charles, is among a number of Illinois-based companies that provide products and services for NASA's space programs. Its relationship with NASA goes back to the Apollo program.
Opportunity Zones: More than traditional real estate developmentSince Opportunity Zones were first authorized in December 2017 as part of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act, there has been significant discussion about how to best utilize these opportunities and obtain the resulting tax benefi
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Long GroveJudge rules rights to 'Apple Haus' brand didn't come with the building
- NewsPark Ridge leaning toward ban on recreational marijuana sales
- HuntleySuburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips away
- Elk Grove VillageDeveloper, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal looms
- BannockburnGreat Lakes acquires Chicago credit union
- BusinessVantage Financial celebrates 30 years
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect 'Summer Slide' pub crawl set for Sept. 14
- NapervillePaneling project could help Naperville 'build up on solar'
- Downers GroveLeaders Bank wins community service award
- NewsExplore health career programs at Oakton Sept. 5
- Long GroveShoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage Days
- Girls' BasketballO'Donnell: 'State' high -- Melissa Isaacson's new book bounding toward national radar
- SchaumburgOfficials: 2 cases of Legionnaires' diseases linked to Schaumburg hotel
- St. CharlesIs a 3-unit townhouse building appropriate for a St. Charles neighborhood?
- NapervilleNaperville could ban sales of 'drug of concern' kratom
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more