Buffalo Grove hopes fitness club revitalizes struggling shopping center
Buffalo Grove trustees Monday approved a rezoning and special use permit that clears the way for a new 24 Hour Fitness health club to open in the nearly vacant Cambridge Commons shopping center.
Brown brokers one sale, four leasesBrown Commercial Group brokered one building sale and four leases in suburbs, totaling 25,036 square feet of industrial space.
Des Plaines won't leave marijuana sales decision to votersDes Plaines officials won't be asking voters to weigh in on whether to city should allow sales of recreational marijuana in town.
Northrop Grumman gets $200M Air Force orderNorthrop Grumman Corp. has received a $200 million order for Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasure systems and support from the U.S. Air Force.
Mexican restaurant switcheroo: Fat Rosie's to replace On the Border in SchaumburgSchaumburg's On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina restaurant at 870 N. Meacham Road closed last week but is expected to be succeeded by Fat Rosie's Taco & Tequila Bar within a couple months.
Naperville neighbors oppose added traffic from developmentTartan Realty Group is pitching plans for The Shoppes on Washington, a cluster of three buildings that could include stores, offices and a coffee shop with a drive-through lane on 3.5 acres. But neighbors who oppose the project fear it would cause additional traffic in the already busy area.
Council denies plan for 24/7 gas station in NapervilleA vacant former gas station in Naperville won't become a new 24-hour gas station -- at least not under a proposal from a group hoping to open a 7-Eleven.
DuPage County begins discussions about allowing marijuana salesA DuPage County Board committee is recommending less restrictive zoning for recreational pot businesses than medical cannabis establishments, a move that sets the stage for a larger discussion about the possible sale of recreational marijuana in unincorporated areas.
Tucker Development relocates HQ to ChicagoTucker Development announced it has relocated its headquarters from Highland Park to Chicago's Fulton Market.
Lisle delaying vote on potential marijuana salesLisle trustees have postponed a decision on whether to allow recreational cannabis sales in the village after several trustees said they wanted more feedback from residents and experts.
West Dundee pizzeria to open TuesdayThe long-awaited second location of a Rockford pizzeria officially opens Tuesday, taking over a prominent storefront in downtown West Dundee.
Opportunity Zones: More than traditional real estate developmentSince Opportunity Zones were first authorized in December 2017 as part of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act, there has been significant discussion about how to best utilize these opportunities and obtain the resulting tax benefi
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove hopes fitness club revitalizes struggling shopping center
- BensenvilleBrown brokers one sale, four leases
- Des PlainesDes Plaines won't leave marijuana sales decision to voters
- Rolling MeadowsNorthrop Grumman gets $200M Air Force order
- Hanover ParkLong John Silver's restaurant in Hanover Park is closing
- SchaumburgMexican restaurant switcheroo: Fat Rosie's to replace On the Border in Schaumburg
- NapervilleNaperville neighbors oppose added traffic from development
- NapervilleCouncil denies plan for 24/7 gas station in Naperville
- DuPage CountyDuPage County begins discussions about allowing marijuana sales
- BusinessTucker Development relocates HQ to Chicago
- LisleLisle delaying vote on potential marijuana sales
- West DundeeWest Dundee pizzeria to open Tuesday
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates rejects dentist's plan to rezone home lots for office
- NewsWhy teen vaping is an epidemic that needs urgent attention, experts warn
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows medical marijuana dispensary seeks to add recreational sales
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more