Georgian restaurant coming to Wheeling
A restaurant serving Georgian food is coming to a Wheeling shopping center.
Barnes & Noble plans move to Algonquin Commons this fallBarnes & Noble plans on moving out of its West Dundee location, and into the Algonquin Commons, later this year. One of the country's largest retail booksellers, Barnes & Noble announced Thursday it plans on relocating from Spring Hill Mall Shopping Center to the Algonquin Commons in October.
New hope for Spring Hill Mall? Sale to investment group, town collaboration could spark interestA week after Spring Hill Mall was sold to an investment group, Carpentersville and West Dundee officials announced they'll be collaborating to end current mall TIF districts and create a new TIF district in each village that will be more attractive to potential developers.
Nearly a decade in the making, Arlington Heights to get its first microbreweryNearly a decade after first expressing interest in Arlington Heights, the proprietors of a microbrewery on Wednesday received many of the municipal approvals they need for their planned taproom and production operation near Recreation Park.
'Not a good fit': Proposed St. Charles apartment building doesn't sit well with nearby residentsA proposed five-story apartment building along Riverside Avenue in St. Charles is facing stiff opposition from nearby residents who say the massive structure would block views of the Fox River and make the area's bad parking situation much worse.
Barnes & Noble to close one location, reopen in AlgonquinBarnes & Noble Thursday said it will relocate its Spring Hill Mall Shopping Center store and open a new bookstore in the nearby Algonquin Commons Shopping Center on Oct. 6.
Metallica band helps CLC tech studentsFor the third year in a row, College of Lake County was selected as a recipient of a Metallica Scholars Initiative grant. The $25,000 and will be matched by CLC for a total of $50,000 in scholarships for students studying in career and technical programs.
Plans to sell Randhurst outlots, reinvest in 'Main Street' put on shelfRandhurst Village's plan to subdivide its property and sell some of its outlots to fund improvements in other areas of the Mount Prospect shopping center is on the shelf for now.
'A size 10 foot into a size 4 shoe': Palatine commission turns down plan for affordable housingA preliminary plan to build a 58-unit affordable housing building got the thumbs-down from the Palatine plan commission after widespread opposition from neighboring residents.
No sale: Deadline for sale of Harvard's former Motorola campus passes without closingThe deadline has passed for a Canadian data center to close on Harvard's former Motorola campus, leaving local officials with unanswered questions about the future of the property's ownership.
Feder: Derek Dalton swept out as CBS 2 general manager after investigationDerek Dalton was forced out Thursday as president and general manager of WBBM-Channel 2 as part of a housecleaning of top management at CBS-owned stations in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- WheelingGeorgian restaurant coming to Wheeling
- AlgonquinBarnes & Noble plans move to Algonquin Commons this fall
- CarpentersvilleNew hope for Spring Hill Mall? Sale to investment group, town collaboration could spark interest
- NewsNearly a decade in the making, Arlington Heights to get its first microbrewery
- LibertyvilleHotel proposal in Libertyville a sign of optimism for business travel
- St. Charles'Not a good fit': Proposed St. Charles apartment building doesn't sit well with nearby residents
- AntiochMetallica band helps CLC tech students
- Mount ProspectPlans to sell Randhurst outlots, reinvest in 'Main Street' put on shelf
- Palatine'A size 10 foot into a size 4 shoe': Palatine commission turns down plan for affordable housing
- BusinessNo sale: Deadline for sale of Harvard's former Motorola campus passes without closing
- Lake ZurichNew development coming to Lake Zurich's downtown courtesy of flower shop
- WheelingLondon Crossing plan up for review in Wheeling
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Feb. 4 to 11, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for Feb. 4 to 19, 2021
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for Feb. 2 to 19, 2021
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more