How Batavia plans to draw more visitors to North River Street businesses
Outdoor dining tables, umbrellas, lighting and additional signage are among the fixtures Batavia officials believe could help beautify and draw visitors to North River Street.
Mount Prospect-based manufacturing firm to expand in Lake VillaA leading manufacturer of antiseptic products is repurposing a long-vacant building in Lake Villa as part of a future expansion.
Financing, soil problems delay Hickory-Kensington apartments in Arlington HeightsThe developers of a proposed five-story, 76-unit apartment building east of downtown Arlington Heights are having trouble getting a shovel in the ground, amid financing and soil contamination problems.
Brown Commercial brokers two sales in Elk Grove VillageBrown Commercial Group recently negotiated two industrial sales transactions totaling 21,500 square feet in Elk Grove Village.
Remote work really does mean longer days -- and more meetingsThose who sense this grand experiment in working from home also comes with plenty of downsides -- longer days, more meetings and more email to answer -- are now backed up by data from 3.1 million workers.
Edward-Elmhurst Health & Fitness opensEdward-Elmhurst Health & Fitness locations in Woodridge and on the campus of Edward Hospital in Naperville are open again, with special measures to keep members safe as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Appeals court allows lawsuit challenging bond issues to move forwardA lawsuit seeking to force the state to default on billions of dollars in outstanding bonds should move forward, a state appellate court said last week.
Feder: Former Tribune publisher Tony Hunter to head McClatchy newspaper chainIn a stunning announcement Friday, former Chicago Tribune publisher Tony Hunter was named CEO of McClatchy Co., the bankrupt newspaper chain acquired in a court-approved sale last week by New Jersey hedge fund Chatham Asset Management. Since 2019 Hunter has been chairman of Revolution Enterprises, a multi-state cannabis firm based in west suburban Elmhurst.
Air traffic is down, gun seizures up at US airportsAir travel is down sharply during the pandemic, but airport screeners are finding guns at a much higher rate
Trump end run around Congress raises questions on his claimsPresident Donald Trump's end run around Congress on coronavirus relief is raising questions about whether it would give Americans the economic lifeline he claims and appears certain to face legal challenges. Democrats called it a pre-election ploy that would burden cash-strapped states.
China business travel returns for Marriott, revenue tumblesMarriott has reopened 91% of its hotels globally as business travel reemerges in China and worldwide occupancy, which tumbled to 11% in April, reached 34%
Show me "more than" the money: Unlocking transition objectives for business ownersIndividuals want to maximize the value received for their companies, but what about engaging in proactive transition planning to better position owners and their companies to attain "more than" the money?
Ron Onesti: Take me out to the ballgame … and concert hallBaseball is back … kind of! Who would have thought we would be going through all of this AND a 60-game season with no fans in the seats? This MUST be some sort of bad dream; somebody wake me up! But regardless, I love my baseball, and will take it any way I can get it!
Money sense: When memory fadesWith the incidence of Alzheimer's and other forms of cognitive decline projected to rise, this insight from Merrill Lynch Wealth Management could help you prepare financially for a day you hope never will come.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BataviaHow Batavia plans to draw more visitors to North River Street businesses
- Lake VillaMount Prospect-based manufacturing firm to expand in Lake Villa
- NewsFinancing, soil problems delay Hickory-Kensington apartments in Arlington Heights
- Elk Grove VillageBrown Commercial brokers two sales in Elk Grove Village
- WarrenvilleEdward-Elmhurst Health & Fitness opens
- Palatine'Explore Palatine' set for Sept. 12
- Downers GroveSavant ranked among nation's top RIA, accounting firms
- Cook County4.5% of Cook County property taxes in suburbs go to TIF districts
- LisleModernized deck allows Lisle family to better enjoy their backyard
- PalatinePalatine boxing, martial arts business looking at new location
- NewsHigh-ranking federal health official visits Arlington Heights
- BataviaBatavia Boardwalk Shops could expand next season
- WheelingWheeling TGI Fridays restaurant closes
- Cook CountyCook County offering rent help to tenants facing eviction
- Hoffman EstatesThe Windy City Bulls recently receives the 2019-20 NBA G League Promotion of the Year Award.
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more