Brunswick reduces salaried workforce by 9% in restructuring
Boat and marine equipment manufacturer Brunswick Corp. announced Tuesday it has cut its global salaried workforce by a total of 9% as part of an overall company restructuring in the wake of the sale of its fitness equipment business this year.
Multithemed escape-room business to open in Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates officials Monday unanimously approved a multithemed escape-room business in the basement of a four-story medical office building.
Roskam on being in the private sector: 'The season for me in public life, I think, has come to a close'In his old job as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 6th Congressional District, Republican Peter Roskam worked on health care, trade and tax matters. In his new job as a partner in the Government Strategies group at the law firm Sidley Austin LLP, Roskam says he'll again work on health care, trade and tax matters -- just from a different perspective.
Bensenville apartments sell for $6 millionMarcus & Millichap said it has sold A&E Luxury Apartments, a 29-unit apartment property in Bensenville, for $6.18 million, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
CA Industrial starts construction on warehouseCA Industrial, the industrial investment and development division of CA Ventures, has started construction on CA Elk Grove, a 146,029-square-foot speculative Class A warehouse at 550 E. Devon Ave. in Elk Grove Village.
Bloomingdale could become latest town to ban recreational cannabis salesBloomingdale leaders are making it clear that they don't want recreational cannabis sold in the village.
Comfort Suites facility in Schiller Park soldMarcus & Millichap recently sold Comfort Suites, a 160-room hospitality property in Schiller Park, for an undisclosed amount, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
LSC, Quad/Graphics end merger plansPrinting and digital media companies LSC Communications and Quad/Graphics announced Tuesday they will abandon the plans to merge in the wake of antitrust lawsuit filed by the U, S. Justice Department.
Never-Googlers: Web users take the ultimate step to guard their dataAs reports surface regarding how the online advertising giant tracks consumers, some try to reclaim their online footsteps.
Bunting Magnetics marks 60 yearsBunting Magnetics Co. celebrate its 60th anniversary as a company on Aug. 3.
Feder: Walter Flakus calls it a night at 101 WKQXWalter Flakus, assistant program director, music director and on-air host at WKQX 101.1-FM, is leaving the Cumulus Media alternative rock station to join KNDD in Seattle as assistant program director and afternoon host, Robert Feder writes.
"The importance of being HR": An employment attorney's perspectiveWhile many corporate leaders are enlightened and recognize HR's value, the "profit contribution" perspective still plagues many HR professionals.
Outsourced Accounting; What's it all about?Outsourced accounting is a service that provides a full, accounting department experience for businesses and nonprofit organizations without the appropriate resources for an accounting department or who are frustrated with the cost and effort put forth to staff their existing accounting department.
Balancing the financial needs of the family businessDuring the life cycle of a family-owned business, there are many reasons to seek financing. From start up to retirement, each loan has a means to an end -- to provide income to the members of the family while maintaining the success of the business.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- MettawaBrunswick reduces salaried workforce by 9% in restructuring
- Hoffman EstatesMultithemed escape-room business to open in Hoffman Estates
- WheatonRoskam on being in the private sector: 'The season for me in public life, I think, has come to a close'
- BensenvilleBensenville apartments sell for $6 million
- Elk Grove VillageCA Industrial starts construction on warehouse
- BloomingdaleBloomingdale could become latest town to ban recreational cannabis sales
- Oak BrookComfort Suites facility in Schiller Park sold
- Elk Grove VillageBunting Magnetics marks 60 years
- MundeleinMundelein board approves 10-acre annexation
- NapervilleBaxter & Woodman opens Naperville office
- HuntleyConstruction of second Huntley Jewel store set to begin this fall
- AlgonquinGet your butter chicken fix at Indian restaurant in Algonquin
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- Elk Grove VillageFormer Elk Grove Village farm takes shape as high tech hub
- AddisonRoad Runner reminiscent of countless road trips
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more