Restaurants, theaters see benefits as 'Bridge Phase' starts
The launch of Illinois' "Bridge Phase" of reopening Friday didn't necessarily provide a major direct benefit to restaurants, but rather the hope of a trickle-down effect from those businesses, such as the Metropolis, that it may help more.
Lumber prices on the rise throughout suburbsSoaring prices for lumber and other materials have led builders -- both large organizations and do-it-yourselfers -- to change their plans or pay far more than expected.
Woodman's Food Market targets late July opening in BloomingdaleA new Woodman's Food Market in Bloomingdale is expected to have a soft opening in late July and a grand opening in August, officials said.
What you need to know about COVID-19 restrictions easing Friday in the 'Bridge Phase'As Illinois moves to the "Bridge Phase" of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan, business capacity and crowd sizes become the least restrictive they've been in more than a year. Here's how that works.
No maskless free-for-all yet: Here's where precautions remain in place in the suburbsNumerous entities -- from pharmacies to schools, cinemas and religious organizations -- said Friday they will continue to require face masks to prevent spread of COVID-19 in the short term, despite the federal government relaxing rules for fully vaccinated Americans. That cautious approach comes amid two days of churn and some confusion.
Two Barrington restaurants want to start serving liquorAfter surviving a really rough year for the restaurant industry, two eateries in Barrington are looking forward with plans to obtain liquor licenses.
Roselle brewery introduces Boomers beer at Schaumburg ballparkThe collaboration between Pollyana Brewing Company of Roselle and the Schaumburg Boomers that began in 2018 is expanding this year with a German-style Kölsch developed just for the ballpark.
Could railroad merger lead to more freight trains in the suburbs?The sequel to CN's takeover of the smaller EJ&E Railroad is here. The Canadian powerhouse wants to buy the Kansas City Southern and suburbs warn it could mean more freight trains.
Relative Brewing Company set to open in August in RoselleRelative Brewing Company plans to open its doors in August and become a staple of Roselle's Town Center.
Liz Weston: You may be entitled to free health insurance nowThe latest coronavirus relief package did more than dole out $1,400 checks. The law also made health insurance free for millions more people and reduced costs for others, at least for now.
Millennial Money: A flashy credit card may not fit you bestWith cards touting sleek metal designs, luxury perks and loyalty program status upgrades, simply carrying a flashy card can make you look like the kind of person who has access to whatever it is they hide behind velvet ropes.
Daily Herald wins 11 awards in Chicago Headline Club contestThe Daily Herald won in 11 categories in the annual Chicago Headline Club's annual Peter Lisagor awards contest.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BusinessRestaurants, theaters see benefits as 'Bridge Phase' starts
- BloomingdaleWoodman's Food Market targets late July opening in Bloomingdale
- BarringtonTwo Barrington restaurants want to start serving liquor
- RoselleRoselle brewery introduces Boomers beer at Schaumburg ballpark
- RoselleRelative Brewing Company set to open in August in Roselle
- LisleCTS Corporation board authorizes new share repurchase program
- SchaumburgISACA to recognize outstanding technology professionals
- BusinessArgonne researchers reveal how COVID-19 has transformed communities
- BusinessIDEX Corporation increases regular quarterly dividend 8%
- WarrenvilleWarrenville's Fuel Tech reports Q1 results
- AuroraComedy Shrine expands in Fox Valley Mall in Aurora
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers, Dec. 10-31, 2020
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers, Dec. 21-31, 2020
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers, Nov. 12 to Dec. 31, 2020
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers, Dec. 21-31, 2020
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more