Controversial townhouse plan moves forward in Wheeling
A controversial proposal to build townhouses at the Prairie Park condominium complex in Wheeling narrowly cleared a key bureaucratic hurdle.
What Illinois' green energy law means for electric car buyers$4,000 back if I buy an electric vehicle? Sounds good, but what does that really mean? Hint -- don't bank on the rebate lasting. We dig into Illinois' new green energy program.
Downstate Cairo pins hopes on river port developmentThe river port at Cairo is envisioned as a place where barges, as well as larger "river vessels," would unload cargo containers that come upstream from New Orleans onto rail cars and semitrailer trucks for distribution throughout North America.
Equitable Funds buys Schaumburg office complexThe Equitable Funds LLC has acquired two office buildings on Remington Road in Schaumburg next to four others it recently purchased. The six buildings now make up an office complex Equitable has named One Story Schaumburg, the company said.
Liz Weston: Don't let Social Security steer you wrongFew retirement decisions are as critical, or as easy to get wrong, as when and how to take your Social Security benefits. The rules can be so convoluted that many people rely on what they're told by Social Security employees, but that could prove to be an expensive mistake.
Valent BioSciences to study 'carbon smart' farmingLibertyville-based Valent BioSciences LLC announced a long-term agreement with Kansas State University to advance critical research in the areas of soil health and carbon smart farming.
Feder: Chicago Reader celebrates 50th anniversary with gratitudeThe venerable Chicago Reader will honor its 50th year of publication with special anniversary issues on October 14 and October 28, featuring its origin story and articles focused on the past half-century of award-winning work.
4 workarounds to book your fall vacation rental with pointsBooking a home with points isn't impossible. Here are some options to use your rewards from credit cards or hotels to help pay for your next vacation rental.
Millennial Money: 5 steps to level up your side hustleWhile a side gig can be spontaneous, growing a legit business requires research, planning and organization. Otherwise, your fledgling enterprise could crash and burn in a couple of years.
Walgreens ready to administer COVID-19 booster shotsDeerfield-based Walgreens Friday said eligible individuals can now receive Pfizer COVID-19 booster vaccinations in stores nationwide, following Food and Drug Administration approval.
China's factories, households grapple with power cutsGlobal shoppers face possible shortages of smartphones and other goods ahead of Christmas after power cuts to meet government targets forced Chinese factories to shut down and left some households in the dark
Global shares mixed as virus fears cloud economic outlookGlobal shares are mixed as fears of further waves of coronavirus outbreaks cloud the economic outlook, tempering gains
Dominican University -- a history of diversityDominican University has a strong history of advancing diversity on and off campus, since our inception as a women's college in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin, educating the daughters of immigrant Irish lead miners.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- WheelingControversial townhouse plan moves forward in Wheeling
- St. CharlesAldermen, residents raise objections to St. Charles apartment proposal
- BataviaAfter Hours
- DuPage CountyDuPage County transfers for June 2 to Aug. 12, 2021
- Kane CountyKane County transfers for July 20 to Aug. 12
- Lake CountyLake County transfers for Aug. 6 to 11, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County transfers for July 20 to Aug. 12, 2021
- Oak BrookRH Oak Brook opening with luxury shopping and dining
- LibertyvilleHyundai, Tesla joining the Libertyville Mile of Cars
- GurneeGurnee's $250,000 business grant program to kick off next month
- Downers GroveDowners Grove residents seek historic designation to former school
- St. CharlesSt. Charles breaks ground on First Street Plaza expansion project
- East Dundee'It's going to be bigger and better': Beef Shack gets OK to open in St. Charles
- PalatineConstable: What Palatine High School graduates did with smelly gym bags is their business
- NewsCLC to show off nearly 5,000 new solar panels at Solar Tour on Saturday
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more