Vernon Hills wants Macy's to scale back Hawthorn Mall plan
Macy's preliminary proposal to develop four buildings on its property outside Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills is too crowded for village officials, who suggested the plan be scaled back.
GSA to lease space in LombardNAI Hiffman recently represented ownership in securing a new tenant at 747 E. 22nd St., in Lombard.
Elk Grove pinball machine maker's tournament coming to ESPN 'The Ocho'An Elk Grove Village-based pinball machine maker will have a moment in the national spotlight after rubbing elbows with ESPN at the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl.
Suburban-focused coworking firm plans expansion to 30 facilitiesOffice Evolution has been providing shared office space in suburban areas across the country since 2003 and now aims to offer up to 30 facilities in the region.
Mount Prospect rejects plan for Wendy's on Rand RoadMount Prospect trustees this week turned down a plan for a Wendy's restaurant with a drive-through on Rand Road, after listening to a host of concerns from nearby residents.
Pinnacle Dermatology acquires Calumet DermatologyPinnacle Dermatology has acquired Calumet Dermatology in Calumet City, Illinois and Dyer, Indiana, expanding its footprint in Northwest Indiana.
Gilvydis Vein Clinic gets accreditationGilvydis Vein Clinic has been granted a three-year term of accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in Vascular Testing in the area of vein ultrasounds.
Fox Valley Family Physicians join Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical GroupFox Valley Family Physicians announced it has joined Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group.
Lake Zurich board approves final Life Time Fitness planThe Lake Zurich village board approved the final design plan to build a new Life Time Fitness center at the former Hackney's site.
Next Realty acquires Arlington Executive PlazaAn affiliate of Next Realty, LLC has acquired Arlington Executive Plaza, a medical and general office complex consisting of six, single-story buildings located at 3335--3385 N. Arlington Heights Road in Arlington Heights.
Google forgot to notify customers it put microphones in Nest security systemsCustomers were caught off guard in early February when Google announced its home security system, Nest Secure, would be able to act as an AI-powered Google Assistant after a recent update. Until then, customers weren't aware that Nest Secure had a microphone at all.
Your cybersecurity plan is only as strong as your weakest linkAccording to the American Bankers Association, banks stopped nearly $17 billion in attempted deposit account fraud in 2016. And -- unfortunately -- small, family-owned and privately held businesses like this accounting firm are often the target of these scams.
Why do business owners need a transition plan?Why do business owners need a transition plan? There are six core reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills wants Macy's to scale back Hawthorn Mall plan
- LombardGSA to lease space in Lombard
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove pinball machine maker's tournament coming to ESPN 'The Ocho'
- LisleSuburban-focused coworking firm plans expansion to 30 facilities
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect rejects plan for Wendy's on Rand Road
- LombardPinnacle Dermatology acquires Calumet Dermatology
- GenevaGilvydis Vein Clinic gets accreditation
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich board approves final Life Time Fitness plan
- BusinessNext Realty acquires Arlington Executive Plaza
- BataviaDriver crashes SUV into Batavia restaurant
- LindenhurstLindenhurst mayoral candidates stressing economic development
- RosemontWintrust to acquire Oak Bank
- NapervilleR+K recognized for agricultural communication excellence
- BataviaHi Hat Resale Shop in Geneva to close
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills village board candidates: Mall incentives needed