Developer wants to put 19 apartment buildings on farmland in West Dundee
West Dundee officials are expected to decide next week whether more than 34 acres of farmland should be redeveloped into a 380-unit apartment community.
Naperville chamber president stepping down this fallThe president and CEO of the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce plans to step down this fall after five years at the helm.
Neighbors fear parking issues, cramped views from downtown Naperville developmentA new developer has bought a downtown Naperville property and wants to change the plan for what can be built there, but neighbors fear the proposal will bring parking problems and a cramped living environment.
Where marijuana can and can't be used once law goes into effectWhile marijuana consumption and possession will become legal for Illinois residents age 21 and over starting Jan. 1, consumption in public places will still be prohibited and local governments will maintain control over whether the industry can conduct business within their jurisdictions. Here are the new rules.
Thorton's property sells for $2.8 millionMarcus & Millichap announced it has sold the Thorton's retail property in Prospect Heights to a private buyer for $2.81 million, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
Artists show off canine creations in downtown Naperville displayYou can call it a collection of canines. You can call it Pooch-a-palooza. Or you can follow the Downtown Naperville Alliance's lead and call it the Dog Days of Summer. Whatever you choose to call it, it is the latest outdoor public art project sponsored by the alliance.
AST names Winter as new CEOApplications Software Technology has appointed Justin Winter as its Chief Executive Officer.
Hub Group company receives top 100 awardSupply & Demand Chain Executive magazine has selected CaseStack, a Hub Group company, as a recipient of an SDCE 100 Award for 2019.
Feder: 94.7 WLS' Dave Fogel on the mend after brain aneurysmChicago radio veteran Dave Fogel says he expects to be back on the air today after spending two days in the hospital for treatment of a brain aneurysm. Fogel, 58, who hosts mornings on Cumulus Media classic hits WLS 94.7-FM, reminded me that I wrote about an identical occurrence in 2003 when he hosted afternoons at hot adult-contemporary WTMX 101.9-FM.
DuPage approves licensing program for adult businessesAdult business employees -- including managers, bouncers, and performers -- will be required to pass background checks and get county-issued identification cards as part of a new licensing program in DuPage.
Atlantic Plywood expands into MidwestAtlantic Plywood, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parksite, is expanding its product mix into the Midwest, the company announced Monday.
Handling employee complaints about coworker harassment: Just how effective is your prompt and effective corrective action?As an employer, when it comes to compliance with employment laws and regulations, you strive to do everything right. But as a recent case makes clear, an employer who does everything can still be found liable for allowing a hostile work environment to persist.
Embracing the total rewards conceptTwo recent MRA Hot Topic Surveys indicated that while competitive pay and employer-sponsored health insurance remain two of the most valued employee benefits,
AMITA Health offers state-of-the-art joint replacementAMITA Health's state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Joint Replacement in Hoffman Estates offers extraordinary technology including the Stryker MAKO robotic arm for joint replacement surgery.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- West DundeeDeveloper wants to put 19 apartment buildings on farmland in West Dundee
- NapervilleNaperville chamber president stepping down this fall
- NapervilleNeighbors fear parking issues, cramped views from downtown Naperville development
- Prospect HeightsThorton's property sells for $2.8 million
- NapervilleArtists show off canine creations in downtown Naperville display
- LisleAST names Winter as new CEO
- Oak BrookHub Group company receives top 100 award
- DuPage CountyDuPage approves licensing program for adult businesses
- BataviaAtlantic Plywood expands into Midwest
- PalatinePalatine expects to save about $350,000 with a new garbage hauling contract
- NewsSchaumburg Township starting memory-loss support group
- Lake BluffAbbVie heads to record rout as Allergan deal fails to end doubts
- RosemontUS Foods awards scholarships to nine students
- MundeleinHow a high-tech mannequin is going to help Mundelein firefighters save lives
- Des PlainesPeak Construction to build Joliet warehouse
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more