Elevated beds, TVs playing Animal Planet and a spa: Pet resort opening in Palatine Plaza
Wall-mounted televisions in overnight suites, elevated beds with cozy blankets and access to a professional spa are among the amenities in Palatine's newest resort. Not bad for the family pet.
Would Glen Ellyn apartment proposal dominate downtown landscape?A proposed five-story apartment complex planned for Main Street and Hillside Avenue in Glen Ellyn is drawing criticism from some who say it would adversely affect the look of the village's downtown.
After a beauty lesson, Grayslake changes course on microbladingAfter many emails, phone calls and a village board beauty lesson from a local salon owner, microblading is coming to Grayslake.
Round Lake Park working to address eyesores through new rehab programWork is underway to rehabilitate an abandoned Round Lake Park home, part of a new village initiative to eliminate eyesores and upgrade neighborhoods.
Mundelein revokes licenses of two massage parlors after arrestsTwo Mundelein massage parlors lost their local licenses Monday following prostitution arrests.
Campton Hills to ask voters again about video gamblingCampton Hills trustees will once again ask voters if they want video gambling in the village.
Eagle Scouts hope to soar with Mount Prospect distilleryA pair of Eagle Scouts, one from Iowa and another from Chicago, are teaming to open a distillery in Mount Prospect.
France's Macron hosts 150 world business leadersFrench President Emmanuel Macron is hosting 150 world business leaders in a bid to promote his pro-business agenda, as yellow vest protesters take to the streets against his economic policies
Perma-Seal marks 40 years in businessPerma-Seal Basement Systems is marking its 40 year milestone in the basement waterproofing and foundation repair industry.
More companies want to pay off your student loan debtThe Society for Human Resource Management, a trade group that annually surveys roughly 3,500 HR professionals about the benefits at their workplaces, said that more companies are offering to help recruits with student loans -- but the value of that perk varies widely.
What the government shutdown means for your mortgageThe partial federal government shutdown is complicating the already complicated process of getting and managing a mortgage.
Retirement on the horizon: A financial planning checklistRetirement is one of the biggest events you will experience in your lifetime and requires you to have a retirement checklist to plan your finances correctly. Here is a retirement checklist of items to consider as you are trying to plan for your life after work.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- PalatineElevated beds, TVs playing Animal Planet and a spa: Pet resort opening in Palatine Plaza
- Glen EllynWould Glen Ellyn apartment proposal dominate downtown landscape?
- GrayslakeAfter a beauty lesson, Grayslake changes course on microblading
- MundeleinRound Lake Park working to address eyesores through new rehab program
- MundeleinMundelein revokes licenses of two massage parlors after arrests
- Campton HillsCampton Hills to ask voters again about video gambling
- Mount ProspectEagle Scouts hope to soar with Mount Prospect distillery
- Vernon HillsAldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills area
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- Hoffman EstatesEx-CEO of Hoffman Estates company imprisoned for pocketing $2.2 million in investments
- BusinessBrewery, restaurant team to help homeless
- LombardLuxury apartments, grocery store proposed for long-vacant DuPage Theatre site
- SchaumburgWhy Schaumburg might change site of convention center parking deck
- SchaumburgSchaumburg hosts blood drive Jan. 24
- MundeleinProstitution arrests could cause Mundelein massage parlors to lose licenses