Barrington manufacturer donates $1.3 million in gear, training to ECC
Elgin Community College is getting $1.3 million worth of precision manufacturing equipment, software and faculty training for its growing Industrial Manufacturing Program that could lead to future job placement and apprenticeship opportunities for its students.
California Pizza Kitchen closing downtown Arlington Heights locationCalifornia Pizza Kitchen will close its downtown Arlington Heights location Sunday, officials said.
Itasca hotel eyed as future drug treatment facilityA Chicago-based nonprofit group that provides treatment for substance use disorders and mental health conditions has announced plans for a new behavioral health complex in Itasca that would support families in DuPage and other collar counties. Haymarket Center wants to buy a Holiday Inn hotel on the west side of I-290 and Irving Park Road and convert it into a roughly 200-bed facility.
Schaumburg trustees don't favor imposing condo, townhouse rental restrictionsSchaumburg village board members have recommended by a 6-1 vote that the village not impose limits on the number of rental units allowed within condominium and townhouse developments.
Mount Prospect business shuts down amid 'burnt cheese' odor complaintsAn animal feed manufacturer in Mount Prospect's Kensington Business Center has shut down its operation in response to complaints about offensive odors.
Drive-through restaurant coming to Hoffman PlazaAn as-yet-unnamed restaurant with a drive-through and an outdoor seating area will be one of two tenants of a 4,500-square-foot outlot building at Hoffman Plaza Shopping Center at the northeast corner of Roselle and Higgins roads in Hoffman Estates.
Pilots criticize Boeing for mistakes on its grounded jetPilots criticize Boeing for mistakes on its grounded 737 Max jet
Feder: WTTW's 'Chicago Tonight' exec producer to retireThe exodus of executives continues at WTTW-Channel 11: Mary Field, executive producer of "Chicago Tonight" since 1996, has announced her retirement from the Window to the World Communications station, effective July 12.
Batavia boutiques add fashionable flair to city's downtownPaula's Couture Consignment and Six+Cypress are two Batavia boutiques that are adding a fashionable flair to the city's downtown.
Fifth Third to close 44 local branch banksFifth Third Bank will close 44 Fifth Third and MB Financial branches in the suburbs and Chicago next month, part of the Ohio-based bank's move to streamline operations in the wake of its merger with MB Financial Bank last year.
Tallest building in South Elgin on schedule to open in winterThe construction of the tallest residential building in South Elgin is proceeding on schedule and the village has commissioned plans for amenities at the adjacent Panton Mill Park, officials said.
Business Ledger | Handling employee complaints about coworker harassment: Just how effective is your prompt and effective corrective action?As an employer, when it comes to compliance with employment laws and regulations, you strive to do everything right. But as a recent case makes clear, an employer who does everything can still be found liable for allowing a hostile work environment to persist.
Handling employee complaints about coworker harassment: Just how effective is your prompt and effective corrective action?As an employer, when it comes to compliance with employment laws and regulations, you strive to do everything right. But as a recent case makes clear, an employer who does everything can still be found liable for allowing a hostile work environment to persist.
Embracing the total rewards conceptTwo recent MRA Hot Topic Surveys indicated that while competitive pay and employer-sponsored health insurance remain two of the most valued employee benefits,
AMITA Health offers state-of-the-art joint replacementAMITA Health's state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Joint Replacement in Hoffman Estates offers extraordinary technology including the Stryker MAKO robotic arm for joint replacement surgery.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BarringtonBarrington manufacturer donates $1.3 million in gear, training to ECC
- BusinessCalifornia Pizza Kitchen closing downtown Arlington Heights location
- ItascaItasca hotel eyed as future drug treatment facility
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees don't favor imposing condo, townhouse rental restrictions
- Vernon HillsWhat will it take to revive Hawthorn Mall? Residents give feedback
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect business shuts down amid 'burnt cheese' odor complaints
- Hoffman EstatesDrive-through restaurant coming to Hoffman Plaza
- BataviaBatavia boutiques add fashionable flair to city's downtown
- South ElginTallest building in South Elgin on schedule to open in winter
- BartlettBartlett barn gets reboot as Prestige Creative Markets and Nursery
- Oakbrook TerraceSara Lee Frozen Bakery opens new test kitchen, innovation center
- Business"The idea is to create a community": Arlington Heights eases way for southern town center
- BartlettSuperior Overnight Services buys Bartlett property
- BusinessDiscover named Best Place to Work for IT
- BusinessTesla Building sells to private investor
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more