Woodfield Mall to reopen Friday with limited hours, capacity
Woodfield Mall will reopen to the public Friday on the first day of Phase 3 of the state's reopening plan, officials announced Thursday.
Amazon finds Schaumburg grocery market favorable, but unlikely to dominate itSchaumburg officials say there's plenty of room in the local marketplace for a new Amazon grocery store and they don't believe its upcoming opening will significantly hurt the competition.
Barrington, Palatine set their rules for outdoor restaurant, bar operationsGame plans have been formed in Barrington and Palatine in preparation for the reopening of restaurants and bars with outdoor service following state guidelines.
As Arlington Heights prepares for outdoor dining, Fausto's Italian Kitchen is closingWhile a select number of downtown Arlington Heights restaurants will be open Friday for alfresco dining, one longtime downtown eatery confirmed Thursday that it is closing up shop.
Lee & Associates brokers $1.8M land saleLee & Associates has closed a $1.8 million sale of a 4.68 acre land site at the southwest corner of Tek Drive and Route 31 in Crystal Lake.
U.S. consumer spending sinks by record 13.6% in face of virusU.S. consumer spending plunged by a record-shattering 13.6% in April as the viral pandemic shuttered businesses, forced millions of layoffs and sent the economy into a deep recession.
Leonard's Bakery closes Northbrook storefront after 34 yearsLeonard's Bakery -- which billed itself as "the premier Jewish bakery on Chicago's Northshore" -- has closed after 34 years in Northbrook.
Lake County towns helping kick-start outdoor diningNeighboring communities in south central Lake County are doing their part to promote outdoor dining when Phase 3 of the state's reopening plan begins Friday.
Feder: 'I'm Back' podcast reveals Michael Jordan's secret workout"I'm Back," a one-hour podcast chronicling Michael Jordan's return to the Chicago Bulls in 1995 -- including the revelation that he secretly worked out with the Golden State Warriors before his comeback to the NBA -- has just been produced by NBC Sports Chicago.
Debate over $600 in jobless aid to intensify as claims riseA debate in Congress over whether to extend $600 a week in federally provided benefits to the unemployed looks sure to intensify with the number of people receiving the aid now topping 30 million -- one in five workers.
Where you'll be able to go shopping in the suburbs starting FridayWith Illinoisans eager for the looser restrictions that accompany Phase 3 of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan, suburban retailers are preparing to welcome customers as soon as Friday.
Returning to work: What liability do businesses have?As businesses are preparing to return to work, one question that is top of mind is what potential liability do I have if someone gets sick due to exposure from my place of business or the work that is being done?
Gerald Auto celebrates seniors with signs Celebrating graduates: St. Charles North seniors supported with sign projectMany pasttimes are being postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19. But graduating seniors at St. Charles North, one tradition is going strong this year - the congratulatory sign in the front yard.
Your PPP funds were granted -- now what?Unlike other traditional loans, having Paycheck Protection Program loans forgiven will not count toward taxable income. Your focus should now turn to maximizing loan forgiveness.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- SchaumburgWoodfield Mall to reopen Friday with limited hours, capacity
- SchaumburgAmazon finds Schaumburg grocery market favorable, but unlikely to dominate it
- BarringtonBarrington, Palatine set their rules for outdoor restaurant, bar operations
- BusinessAs Arlington Heights prepares for outdoor dining, Fausto's Italian Kitchen is closing
- Mount ProspectArlington Heights art teacher brushes aside COVID-19
- BusinessLee & Associates brokers $1.8M land sale
- BusinessLeonard's Bakery closes Northbrook storefront after 34 years
- LibertyvilleLake County towns helping kick-start outdoor dining
- NewsWhere you'll be able to go shopping in the suburbs starting Friday
- BataviaSt. Charles church's free spaghetti dinner re-opens with drive-through
- NapervilleReality star Doute to appear in Naperville shop's first virtual author visit
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn creating 'pocket parks' for outdoor dining
- WaucondaWhat you need to know about suburban restaurants and bars reopening
- WheatonWheaton library's Café on the Park reopening Friday
- Schaumburg'All the fun stuff is gone': What reopened suburban hair salons, barbershops will be like
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more