Arcada Theatre shut down for code violations
The building that houses the Arcada Theatre and Club Arcada in St. Charles was shut down Thursday due to code violations, according to a news release from the city of St. Charles.
Naperville residents want more affordable housing in 5th Avenue redevelopmentSome residents are calling on Naperville to include affordable housing in a redevelopment being considered near the Metra station along 5th Avenue.
United becomes first U.S. airline to offer non-binary gender booking optionsUnited Airlines travelers will be able to choose a gender option other than male or female when booking tickets, the airline announced Friday.
Developers drop Glen Ellyn gas station project after neighbors win legal fightDevelopers on the losing end of a two-year legal fight over a Glen Ellyn gas station have decided to walk away from the project.
Cell tower planned at Arlington Heights church propertyA proposed 75-foot antenna tower along Rand Road in Arlington Heights is intended to improve cellphone coverage, while providing an extra source of revenue for the church that owns the property, officials said.
What Arlington Heights Library might have to pay for 'makerspace' buildingWhile the village of Arlington Heights may not be charging the Arlington Heights Memorial Library for an unused building to be used for a proposed library "makerspace," the library may have to pay $42,800 for community development projects under a proposed deal between the two.
AbbVie donates $40 million to rebuild N. Chicago schoolAbbVie donates $40 million to rebuild N. Chicago school
'Produce Posse' shares nutrition tips with kids at CDHThe Produce Posse visits sick kids at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield to teach them about eating healthy.
What next? Brexit delay gives UK more time to solve crisisThe European Union has granted Britain a few more weeks to overcome its political deadlock and chart a smooth road out of the bloc _ or change its mind and seek a much longer delay.
Feder: Ozzie Guillen expanding his role with NBC Sports Chicago; Sun-Times launches Saturday sports wrapperOzzie Guillen, former White Sox manager, is expanding his role this season with NBC Sports Chicago. Also, the Chicago Sun-Times is doubling down on sports coverage with a new "Sports Saturday" section.
Class action suit could change real-estate commissionsIn what could be the most far-reaching antitrust lawsuit for the real estate market in decades, the National Association of Realtors and four of the largest realty companies have been accused of a conspiracy to systematically overcharge home sellers by forcing them to pay commissions to the agents who represent the buyers of their homes.
What does New York's new harassment law tell us about the future of harassment training?The wise employer may want to give some attention to the new law that went into effect in New York on Oct. 9. It may well be a harbinger of things to come, and may at least suggest some best practices
Executive onboarding for successWhile executive training is a crucial part of continued leadership development, that training is best started at the very beginning with a strong executive onboarding program.
Shingles, pneumonia vaccinations are vital, easy to getThe easiest way to prevent diseases that can threaten our health is by getting vaccinated.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- St. CharlesArcada Theatre shut down for code violations
- NapervilleNaperville residents want more affordable housing in 5th Avenue redevelopment
- Glen EllynDevelopers drop Glen Ellyn gas station project after neighbors win legal fight
- NewsCell tower planned at Arlington Heights church property
- NewsWhat Arlington Heights Library might have to pay for 'makerspace' building
- BusinessAbbVie donates $40 million to rebuild N. Chicago school
- Winfield'Produce Posse' shares nutrition tips with kids at CDH
- BusinessAllstate catastrophe losses in February top $150M
- BusinessMondelez partners with food business incubator
- BusinessDaily Herald plans to move two blocks to new office
- St. Charles'It's finally happening': Donnie, fans excited to see Wahlburgers groundbreaking in St. Charles
- Lake VillaSpringfest Expo set for March 31
- LincolnshireAlight postpones $800 million IPO
- Prospect HeightsWPH Chamber names new director
- BarringtonBACC to host public town hall forum