Mexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon Hills
Mexican street food inspired restaurant INVICTO, which debuted last fall in Naperville, is opening a second location Thursday at Mellody Farm in Vernon Hills.
Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
Batavia chamber chief to take new job at Dist. 101Batavia Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Holly Deitchman is resigning to take a new job at Batavia School District 101, the chamber announced Wednesday.
Energy legislation 'on the back burner' in SpringfieldAs the General Assembly moves toward its May 31 adjournment with issues such as a state budget, graduated income tax, and the legalization of sports gambling and recreational marijuana still to be decided, a package of energy market reforms likely will have to wait until the fall veto session or later before moving forward.
CCU marks Contact Center's 14th anniversaryConsumers Credit Union is marking the 14th anniversary of the opening of its in-house Contact (call) Center.
Vanessa Baker, owner of Fast Forward Marketing in Crystal Lake, was named the winner in Fifth Third Bank's "What Drives You" Contest.Crystal Lake business owner wins Fifth Third contest
ECCI board approves director appointmentsThe Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry Board of Directors recently approved new executive committee and new director appointments following the resignation of First Vice Chair Lori Murray.
Feder: Cubs announce general manager for Marquee Sports NetworkWith the hiring of a seasoned sports and media executive as general manager, the picture became a little clearer Tuesday for the upcoming television home of the Chicago Cubs, Robert Feder writes.
Jury awards Riddell $5M in patent lawsuitA federal court jury awarded football helmet manufacturer Riddell $5 million in a patent infringement lawsuit against rival helmet maker Schutt Sports.
Suburban brewing company to open third location in St. CharlesPollyanna Brewing Company plans to open its third location in the heart of downtown St. Charles at 106 S. Riverside Ave.
Mayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West ChicagoWest Chicago Mayor Ruben Pineda says the city has begun a "transformation" as it pursues redevelopment projects that include plans to build hundreds of residential dwellings in downtown.
The 2020 election and U.S. immigrationThere's little doubt that U.S. immigration policy will be a central theme of the 2020 Presidential election. While illegal immigration continues to grab headlines, it's the too often overlooked legal immigration system that also provides virtually unlimited opportunities for improvement.
Why I should consider a search fund when selling my businessSmall businesses are experiencing a period of unprecedented transition. Baby boomers make up more than 50% of today's business owners. Many are approaching retirement without a firm succession plan in place.
State and local tax: Why are resale certificates are important for your businessResale certificates are a very important part of the state and local sales tax process. Not having the correct certificates on file can land your business in hot water.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Vernon HillsMexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon Hills
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola site
- BataviaBatavia chamber chief to take new job at Dist. 101
- GurneeCCU marks Contact Center's 14th anniversary
- BusinessVanessa Baker, owner of Fast Forward Marketing in Crystal Lake, was named the winner in Fifth Third Bank's "What Drives You" Contest.
- RosemontJury awards Riddell $5M in patent lawsuit
- St. CharlesSuburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
- West ChicagoMayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West Chicago
- BusinessWomen's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 stores
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant
- Des PlainesDes Plaines Chamber's Back-To-Work Boot Camp returns
- DuPage CountyAirport tenants could be prosecuted for delinquent taxes
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove formally opposes legalization of recreational marijuana
- SchaumburgSchaumburg Boomers host Alzheimer's Awareness Night May 25
- Aurora'Party in the Parks' returns to Aurora