Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approved
The Lake Zurich village board approved a plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new one.
New warehouse planned along Devon Avenue corridor in Elk GroveA 146,000-square-foot light industrial warehouse is planned on a portion of an existing strip mall property in Elk Grove Village -- a further sign of continued development along the Devon Avenue corridor.
San Francisco eyes charge to drive its famed Lombard StreetThousands of tourists could soon have to pay as much as $10 to drive down world-famous Lombard Street in San Francisco. City and state officials this week announced a bill that would give San Francisco the authority to establish a toll and reservation system for the street that winds down a steep hill, in an effort to reduce crowds and traffic congestion.
'Rundown' Prospect Heights hotel to reopen as Holiday InnProspect Heights Mayor Nick Helmer is upbeat about a Milwaukee Avenue hotel under extensive renovation before reopening with a new brand name.
Mariano's gas station plan stalled in Lake Zurich pending further testsThe question of whether adding a gas station to the Mariano's grocery store on Route 22 in Lake Zurich would endanger the local water supply led the village board to delay a vote and ask for more expert advice.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one to go before village boardA plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new McDonald's will be before the Lake Zurich village board next week.
More Americans are choosing not to tap into their home equityAmerican homeowners are doing something surprising: Despite record amounts of home equity available to them -- an estimated $1.5 trillion worth -- they are tapping into it less via home-equity credit lines and cash-out refinancings.
Applications for jobless aid fall to lowest in 50 yearsThe number of people applying for unemployment aid fell last week to its lowest level in nearly five decades, solid evidence that the job market is healthy and layoffs scarce.
40-unit townhouse development near downtown Lake Zurich approvedA plan to build a 40-unit townhome development north of Route 22 and west of Old Rand Road was approved by the village of Lake Zurich this week. The development, which will be near two rail lines and is on a state highway, received unanimous approval by the board but not before tough questions from elected officials about whether the townhouses would sell.
Tales of retail demise are exaggerated, and that's good for Vernon Hills, consultant saysThe predicted demise of brick and mortar stores has been exaggerated, and that bodes well for the continued strength of retail sales in Vernon Hills, according to a study commissioned for the village.
Redevelopment at AMC movie theater in Rosemont?The 18-screen AMC movie theater in Rosemont's entertainment district may shut down six of those screens and parcel out that space to another user, village officials said.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Your groceries … delivered your way by Jewel-OscoJewel-Osco offers shoppers an easy way to get their groceries through online shopping for delivery to your home or pickup at the store.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approved
- Elk Grove VillageNew warehouse planned along Devon Avenue corridor in Elk Grove
- Prospect Heights'Rundown' Prospect Heights hotel to reopen as Holiday Inn
- Lake ZurichMariano's gas station plan stalled in Lake Zurich pending further tests
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one to go before village board
- Lake Zurich40-unit townhouse development near downtown Lake Zurich approved
- Vernon HillsTales of retail demise are exaggerated, and that's good for Vernon Hills, consultant says
- RosemontRedevelopment at AMC movie theater in Rosemont?
- RosemontShoeless Joe's plans to reopen in Schiller Park
- Oak BrookCarvana opens 'car vending machine' in Oak Brook
- Mount ProspectMinta Restaurant succeeds E + O in Mount Prospect
- SchaumburgPolish restaurant in Schaumburg opens under new name Opolska
- NapervilleB.Good to expand in suburbs
- Des Plaines$10 million redevelopment of Des Plaines property clears hurdle
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect adding commuter parking near Maple Street Lofts