Sears closing catches Oak Brook off guard
The decision to close the Sears store in Oakbrook Center caught the village off guard, Oak Brook Village President Gopal Lamalani said Tuesday, but its economic development team already is working to find a new tenant.
Fire at Egg'lectic Cafe in Rolling Meadows leaves $100,000 in damageRolling Meadows firefighters spent about an hour putting out a fire Wednesday that left an estimated $100,000 in damage at Egg'lectic Cafe on Algonquin Road, authorities said.
Two Brothers Barrel House opening Monday in downtown NapervilleTwo Brothers Brewing Company has converted The Craftsman cafe into a new restaurant and bar concept, called Two Brothers Barrel House, at 16 W. Jefferson Ave. in downtown Naperville.
Caputo Cheese launches e-commerce siteCaputo Cheese, announced it has launched an ecommerce site and online cheese shop at www.caputocheesemarket.com.
Buffalo Grove is pushing ahead with plans for Prairie View areaNow that Buffalo Grove trustees have integrated the Prairie View Metra Station Area Plan into the village's comprehensive plan, officials are moving forward to make its proposals a reality.
El-Tahch named to Paddock board, CFO Kent Johnson promotedThe board of Paddock Publications Inc., owners of the Daily Herald, has elected Aziz El-Tahch to the board and promoted Senior Vice President Kent Johnson to executive vice president of the company.
LG Business Solutions names Wicka vice presidentGarry Wicka of Arlington Heights has been named vice president of marketing for LG Business Solutions, LG Electronics, based in Lincolnshire.
As Hispanic small business owners grow, they must also consider succession planningSuccession planning is an often-overlooked step in safeguarding the future of a business -- especially significant for family-owned companies and those that represent a primary source of income and family wealth.
Boeing suspends earnings forecast on grounding of 737 MaxThe real focus for investors is on Boeing's effort to contain the damage to its reputation and the lucrative 737 program, the company's biggest source of profit.
Wynnchurch Capital acquires Alliance Designer ProductsWynnchurch Capital has acquired Alliance Designer Products Inc., the firm announced Tuesday.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approvedThe Lake Zurich village board approved a plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new one.
Does cybersecurity matter for a family office?Data breaches are constantly in the news and most companies know they should be concerned about privacy and the security of their data. However, most family offices are not sure how to start addressing their concerns, or worse, don't view the family office as a target.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesSears closing catches Oak Brook off guard
- Rolling MeadowsFire at Egg'lectic Cafe in Rolling Meadows leaves $100,000 in damage
- NapervilleTwo Brothers Barrel House opening Monday in downtown Naperville
- Downers GroveDowners Grove senior campus opens health care center as part of $180 million expansion
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove is pushing ahead with plans for Prairie View area
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approved
- BarringtonSilent film fundraiser to benefit Catlow Theater in Barrington
- Rolling MeadowsKomatsu to support reforestation initiative
- SchaumburgWistron Mobile Solutions subleases space in Schaumburg
- BusinessCore acquires Deerfield office building for $6.75M
- LombardIdea for countywide hotel tax to boost DuPage tourism sparks controversy
- Hoffman EstatesCBRE negotiates sale of Hoffman apartments
- BataviaThe Wine Exchange brings a bit of Napa to St. Charles
- SchaumburgLarson helped shape Schaumburg's booming restaurant industry
- BusinessWalgreens drug disposal program collects 1.2 million pounds