Vernon Hills wants Macy's to scale back Hawthorn Mall plan
Macy's preliminary proposal to develop four buildings on its property outside Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills is too crowded for village officials, who suggested the plan be scaled back.
Elk Grove pinball machine maker's tournament coming to ESPN 'The Ocho'An Elk Grove Village-based pinball machine maker will have a moment in the national spotlight after rubbing elbows with ESPN at the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl.
Suburban-focused coworking firm plans expansion to 30 facilitiesOffice Evolution has been providing shared office space in suburban areas across the country since 2003 and now aims to offer up to 30 facilities in the region.
Restoration Hardware Outlet opens in former Schaumburg Carson'sRestoration Hardware Outlet has moved into the approximately 140,000-square-foot space previously occupied by Carson's at Streets of Woodfield shopping center in Schaumburg, demonstrating that there are specialty retailers in the market for larger spaces.
Lake Zurich board approves final Life Time Fitness planThe Lake Zurich village board approved the final design plan to build a new Life Time Fitness center at the former Hackney's site.
Fox Valley Family Physicians join Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical GroupFox Valley Family Physicians announced it has joined Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group.
Next Realty acquires Arlington Executive PlazaAn affiliate of Next Realty, LLC has acquired Arlington Executive Plaza, a medical and general office complex consisting of six, single-story buildings located at 3335--3385 N. Arlington Heights Road in Arlington Heights.
Google forgot to notify customers it put microphones in Nest security systemsCustomers were caught off guard in early February when Google announced its home security system, Nest Secure, would be able to act as an AI-powered Google Assistant after a recent update. Until then, customers weren't aware that Nest Secure had a microphone at all.
Lindenhurst mayoral candidates stressing economic developmentOne Lindenhurst mayoral candidate is relying on his experience to move the town forward, while the other is emphasizing the opportunity for fresh ideas. Both say econimic development is key to the own's future.
Is your phone always low on battery and chewing through data? 'DrainerBot' could be to blame, Oracle says.The software affects hundreds of Android apps that have been downloaded collectively more than 10 million times, the researchers said.
Feder: WBBM Newsradio tops ratings in JanuaryWhether you think of it as the home of the Bears or the place for "traffic and weather on the eights," WBBM Newsradio got Chicago radio listeners through a bitterly cold January riding high atop the ratings, Robert Feder writes.
Your cybersecurity plan is only as strong as your weakest linkAccording to the American Bankers Association, banks stopped nearly $17 billion in attempted deposit account fraud in 2016. And -- unfortunately -- small, family-owned and privately held businesses like this accounting firm are often the target of these scams.
Why do business owners need a transition plan?Why do business owners need a transition plan? There are six core reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills wants Macy's to scale back Hawthorn Mall plan
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove pinball machine maker's tournament coming to ESPN 'The Ocho'
- LisleSuburban-focused coworking firm plans expansion to 30 facilities
- SchaumburgRestoration Hardware Outlet opens in former Schaumburg Carson's
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich board approves final Life Time Fitness plan
- BusinessNext Realty acquires Arlington Executive Plaza
- LindenhurstLindenhurst mayoral candidates stressing economic development
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills village board candidates: Mall incentives needed
- NapervilleR+K recognized for agricultural communication excellence
- LombardPinnacle Dermatology acquires Calumet Dermatology
- BataviaDriver crashes SUV into Batavia restaurant
- RosemontWintrust to acquire Oak Bank
- BataviaHi Hat Resale Shop in Geneva to close
- GrayslakeSenior community fulfills Grayslake woman's wish to see sisters again
- PalatineMac's on Slade receives new liquor license, and a warning from Palatine officials