Mexican restaurant switcheroo: Fat Rosie's to replace On the Border in Schaumburg
Schaumburg's On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina restaurant at 870 N. Meacham Road closed last week but is expected to be succeeded by Fat Rosie's Taco & Tequila Bar within a couple months.
Judge rules rights to 'Apple Haus' brand didn't come with the buildingA federal judge has ruled that the Apple Haus brand didn't get sold along with the Long Grove building in which its products were once made, ending a trademark infringement lawsuit.
Park Ridge leaning toward ban on recreational marijuana salesRecreational marijuana use will be legal for adults in Illinois on Jan. 1, but you may not be able to buy it in Park Ridge.
Suburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips awayThe demise of the Huntley Outlet Center is just one of many different scenarios playing out across the suburbs as once thriving retail malls look to reinvent themselves or struggle to remain relevant.
Naperville neighbors oppose added traffic from developmentTartan Realty Group is pitching plans for The Shoppes on Washington, a cluster of three buildings that could include stores, offices and a coffee shop with a drive-through lane on 3.5 acres. But neighbors who oppose the project fear it would cause additional traffic in the already busy area.
West Dundee pizzeria to open TuesdayThe long-awaited second location of a Rockford pizzeria officially opens Tuesday, taking over a prominent storefront in downtown West Dundee.
Developer, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal loomsA developer has three weeks left to convince remaining homeowners in a shrinking residential subdivision to sell, in hopes of annexing those properties into Elk Grove Village for future industrial development.
St. Charles leaning toward allowing 2 recreational pot businessesA majority of St. Charles aldermen have expressed early support for allowing up to two recreational cannabis dispensaries to operate in the city, as long as they're linked to an established medical marijuana facility.
Great Lakes acquires Chicago credit unionGreat Lakes Credit Union announced it has merged with North Side Community Federal Credit Union, the second such merger of credit unions announced within a week.
Analysis: The white-male mentorship premiumNew research by salary website PayScale found that employees who have a white male advocate often end up with higher pay, and most of those employees are white men.
Vantage Financial celebrates 30 yearsVantage Financial Partners Limited, Inc., a financial planning and investment management firm, is celebrating 30 years in business by giving away 30 financial plans in the next year.
Columns | St. Charles firm's work with NASA dates back to ApolloCain Tubular, a third-generation family-owned business in St. Charles, is among a number of Illinois-based companies that provide products and services for NASA's space programs. Its relationship with NASA goes back to the Apollo program.
Opportunity Zones: More than traditional real estate developmentSince Opportunity Zones were first authorized in December 2017 as part of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act, there has been significant discussion about how to best utilize these opportunities and obtain the resulting tax benefi
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- SchaumburgMexican restaurant switcheroo: Fat Rosie's to replace On the Border in Schaumburg
- Long GroveJudge rules rights to 'Apple Haus' brand didn't come with the building
- NewsPark Ridge leaning toward ban on recreational marijuana sales
- HuntleySuburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips away
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates rejects dentist's plan to rezone home lots for office
- NapervilleNaperville neighbors oppose added traffic from development
- West DundeeWest Dundee pizzeria to open Tuesday
- Elk Grove VillageDeveloper, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal looms
- St. CharlesSt. Charles leaning toward allowing 2 recreational pot businesses
- BannockburnGreat Lakes acquires Chicago credit union
- BusinessVantage Financial celebrates 30 years
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect 'Summer Slide' pub crawl set for Sept. 14
- NapervillePaneling project could help Naperville 'build up on solar'
- Wood Dale'You'd never know he's 100': Man still rolls his age, and he just bought a new ball
- Downers GroveLeaders Bank wins community service award
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more