Innovation DuPage opens in downtown Glen Ellyn Civic Center
Innovation DuPage -- a regional hub for business development operated by the College of DuPage -- unveiled its new headquarters Wednesday in the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
Mexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon HillsMexican street food inspired restaurant INVICTO, which debuted last fall in Naperville, is opening a second location Thursday at Mellody Farm in Vernon Hills.
'Atrocious': Des Plaines moves to revoke tax break for companyA Des Plaines company improperly took a Cook County tax break, paid nearly $170,000 less in taxes than required, illegally allowed businesses to occupy its building and installed a parking lot without permission, according to city officials.
Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
Energy legislation 'on the back burner' in SpringfieldAs the General Assembly moves toward its May 31 adjournment with issues such as a state budget, graduated income tax, and the legalization of sports gambling and recreational marijuana still to be decided, a package of energy market reforms likely will have to wait until the fall veto session or later before moving forward.
Bad weather and Trump's trade war spawn U.S. farmer quandaryWet weather and the trade war are complicating crop decisions for farmers.
CCU marks Contact Center's 14th anniversaryConsumers Credit Union is marking the 14th anniversary of the opening of its in-house Contact (call) Center.
Vanessa Baker, owner of Fast Forward Marketing in Crystal Lake, was named the winner in Fifth Third Bank's "What Drives You" Contest.Crystal Lake business owner wins Fifth Third contest
ECCI board approves director appointmentsThe Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry Board of Directors recently approved new executive committee and new director appointments following the resignation of First Vice Chair Lori Murray.
Feder: Cubs announce general manager for Marquee Sports NetworkWith the hiring of a seasoned sports and media executive as general manager, the picture became a little clearer Tuesday for the upcoming television home of the Chicago Cubs, Robert Feder writes.
Jury awards Riddell $5M in patent lawsuitA federal court jury awarded football helmet manufacturer Riddell $5 million in a patent infringement lawsuit against rival helmet maker Schutt Sports.
The 2020 election and U.S. immigrationThere's little doubt that U.S. immigration policy will be a central theme of the 2020 Presidential election. While illegal immigration continues to grab headlines, it's the too often overlooked legal immigration system that also provides virtually unlimited opportunities for improvement.
Why I should consider a search fund when selling my businessSmall businesses are experiencing a period of unprecedented transition. Baby boomers make up more than 50% of today's business owners. Many are approaching retirement without a firm succession plan in place.
State and local tax: Why are resale certificates are important for your businessResale certificates are a very important part of the state and local sales tax process. Not having the correct certificates on file can land your business in hot water.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Glen EllynInnovation DuPage opens in downtown Glen Ellyn Civic Center
- Vernon HillsMexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon Hills
- Des Plaines'Atrocious': Des Plaines moves to revoke tax break for company
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola site
- BataviaBatavia chamber chief to take new job at Dist. 101
- GurneeCCU marks Contact Center's 14th anniversary
- BusinessVanessa Baker, owner of Fast Forward Marketing in Crystal Lake, was named the winner in Fifth Third Bank's "What Drives You" Contest.
- RosemontJury awards Riddell $5M in patent lawsuit
- St. CharlesSuburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
- West ChicagoMayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West Chicago
- BusinessWomen's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 stores
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant
- SportsO'Donnell: Would Holzhauer benefit by pulling his own 'Jeopardy!' buzzer?
- Des PlainesDes Plaines Chamber's Back-To-Work Boot Camp returns
- DuPage CountyAirport tenants could be prosecuted for delinquent taxes