Suburban pest control company's growth built on vision -- and bedbugs
Looking for a lucrative job after high school, Jason Sayre talked two friends into forming a pest control business that focused on bedbugs. Now, they have 85 employees.
Why tech firm sees Gurnee as the 'diamond prairie,' home to new cellphone, warfare materialIf lab-grown diamonds are going to be the next big thing in cellphones and an important part of future warfare, then Wednesday was a historic day in Gurnee.
Why Naperville is pausing 5th Avenue redevelopment planning processDiscussions about redeveloping the 5th Avenue area near the train station north of downtown Naperville are taking a 30-day pause.
Flavorful fine dining impresses at Three Embers in LincolnshireMarriott Theatre patrons have a new fine-dining option to enjoy before a show: Three Embers in the Lincolnshire Marriott. The seasonal menu features top-notch steaks and seafood.
Legal veteran joins ATI Physical TherapyATI Physical Therapy, a growing provider of physical therapy services based in Bolingbrook, said it hired Diana Chafey as executive vice president and chief legal counsel.
Chinese restaurant to replace former Easy Street Pub in SchaumburgThe Chinese restaurant Phat Phat is expected to open next spring in the century-old building that previously housed the Easy Street Pub in Schaumburg's historic district near Town Square.
Up to 50 bank branches could close in MB, Fifth Third mergerMB Financial shareholders on Tuesday approved the company's merger with Fifth Third Bancorp. For now, all branches will continue to operate, but eventually up to 50 of the 239 Chicago-area branches could close.
2 new taco options coming to NapervilleA taste for tacos is soon to be satisfied in Naperville, where two new taco-centric restaurants are set to open this fall: Fat Rosie's and Invicto.
Former St. Charles lamp factory to be converted into townhousesThe transformation of a historic industrial building at 214 S. 13th Ave. could begin this fall if the city approves final plans for the residential development, architect Jeffrey Funke said.
Trump's tariffs won't bite Apple, illustrating Tim Cook's political swayApple chief executive Tim Cook has become one of the technology industry's savviest political operators -- a behind-the-scenes Trump whisperer, able to shape some of the administration's economic policies in ways that benefit Apple and some of its tech peers.
Feder: New WTTW series 'Art & Design in Chicago'; Hawk Harrelson's last callA four-part series on "Art & Design in Chicago" will premiere October 5 on WTTW-Channel 11, airing at 8:30 p.m. Fridays. And Sunday's broadcast of the Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs "Crosstown Classic" on NBC Sports Chicago will mark the final game call of legendary White Sox announcer Ken "Hawk" Harrelson.
Columns | Elmhurst's Stenograph dominates shorthand industry for 80 yearsSince the first machine was sold 80 years ago, Elmhurst-based Stenograph LLC's reputation for quality, accuracy and customer service has commanded almost 90 percent share among the half-dozen companies in the market, making the name synomimous with court and legal shorthand reporting.
Checkbox training doesn't fix harassmentEvery HR leader has likely told a manager that sleeping with a subordinate is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and that unwelcome sexual jokes and/or touching are inappropriate in the workplace.
Francke among 5 MPS attorneys earning top honorsHal Francke, a partner at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC has been named 2019 "Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year" for the Chicagoland area by Best Lawyers.
Thinking of selling your business? Now may be a good timeSelling a business is one of the most important financial decisions in a business owner's lifetime.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Rolling MeadowsSuburban pest control company's growth built on vision -- and bedbugs
- GurneeWhy tech firm sees Gurnee as the 'diamond prairie,' home to new cellphone, warfare material
- NapervilleWhy Naperville is pausing 5th Avenue redevelopment planning process
- LincolnshireFlavorful fine dining impresses at Three Embers in Lincolnshire
- PalatineThree new restaurants coming to Northwest Highway corridor in Palatine
- BusinessLegal veteran joins ATI Physical Therapy
- SchaumburgChinese restaurant to replace former Easy Street Pub in Schaumburg
- RosemontUp to 50 bank branches could close in MB, Fifth Third merger
- Naperville2 new taco options coming to Naperville
- St. CharlesFormer St. Charles lamp factory to be converted into townhouses
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove's Wynright to build Indiana plant, add up to 580 new jobs
- BataviaBatavia council likes plan for another assisted-living facility
- LisleApplication Software Technology moving to Lisle office
- St. CharlesSavant Capital Management merges locations in St. Charles
- Hoffman EstatesBystronic to move HQ from Elgin to Hoffman Estates
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more