Northwest Community Hospital marks 5,000th robotic surgery
Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights has been doing more and more surgeries using the da Vinci robot. On Wednesday, the hospital celebrated its 5,000th.
Downtown Elgin street buzzing with new restaurants, moreCafe Revive opened last month, and a sushi place and pizza joint are expected to follow suit within the next two months in downtown Elgin.
Molex ranks highest in quality among Prime Source winnersMolex, a global provider of integrated electronic solutions, said Wednesday that it has received the 2017 EIS Supplier of the Year award.
Stack-On to eliminate 150 jobs, partly because of tariffsA gun-safe manufacturer reported it will eliminate about 150 jobs when it closes its Wauconda and McHenry warehouses and moves production to Mexico, in part because of President Donald Trump's tariffs on metal from China.
Food truck coming to Long Grove plazaA Long Grove plaza off a busy thoroughfare has gained village board permission to host a food truck belonging to a potential restaurant tenant under a village test program.
Mosque expansion earns first positive vote from Rolling Meadows aldermenA Rolling Meadows-based mosque's renewed attempt to earn support for a proposed relocation and expansion yielded a positive tally Tuesday from the city's aldermen.
St. Charles business owner to host Rutal MattersMichelle Rathman, nationally known rural health and community engagement strategist, speaker and writer, is the new host of Rural Matters, effective Sept. 1.
Long Grove postpones hiring company to demolish bridge coverCiting concerns about not receiving money from an insurance company claim, Long Grove village board members Tuesday agreed to postpone hiring a company to demolish a timber cover over the historic downtown bridge that was heavily damaged after a box truck plowed into the span in late June.
Pinnacle Dermatology buys North Oakland Dermatology in MichiganPinnacle Dermatology based in Lombard has acquired North Oakland Dermatology, further expanding the Pinnacle footprint and dermatology expertise in Michigan.
Feder: Tribune Media merger failed, but execs will still get bonusesThe collapse of Sinclair Broadcast Group's merger cost executives of Tribune Media millions in bonuses they would have received. But they're not totally out of the money. Despite the failure to complete the deal, the Chicago-based parent company of WGN-Channel 9 and WGN 720-AM will pay its top officials between $102,000 and $160,000, according to a Reuters report Tuesday.
After 50 years working with bicycles, Prospect Bikes owner closing his shopBill Schmoldt was 15 when he started working at Prospect Bikes and was tasked with changing flat tires and learning other parts of the business. Now 50 years later, he is retiring from the same bike store.
Business Ledger | How a Kavanaugh Court could affect labor and employment lawWhen it became clear on July 9, 2018, that Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh (53), of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, was to be nominated to fill the vacancy on the United States Supreme Court left by retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy, the immediate question for many employers--and those of us who provide legal advice to employers--was "how will a Kavanaugh court affect my workplace?"
How a Kavanaugh Court could affect labor and employment lawWhen it became clear on July 9, 2018, that Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh (53), of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, was to be nominated to fill the vacancy on the United States Supreme Court left by retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy, the immediate question for many employers--and those of us who provide legal advice to employers--was "how will a Kavanaugh court affect my workplace?"
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BusinessNorthwest Community Hospital marks 5,000th robotic surgery
- ElginDowntown Elgin street buzzing with new restaurants, more
- WaucondaStack-On to eliminate 150 jobs, partly because of tariffs
- Long GroveLong Grove joins suburbs raising concerns about Foxconn
- Long GroveFood truck coming to Long Grove plaza
- Rolling MeadowsMosque expansion earns first positive vote from Rolling Meadows aldermen
- Long GroveLong Grove postpones hiring company to demolish bridge cover
- LombardPinnacle Dermatology buys North Oakland Dermatology in Michigan
- Mount ProspectAfter 50 years working with bicycles, Prospect Bikes owner closing his shop
- NapervilleNaperville seeking consultant to review 5th Avenue plans
- BartlettInland Private Capital sells four medical properties
- LincolnshireZebra Technologies completes $90M acquisition of Xplore Technologies
- AuroraAurora man's call to service helps veterans improve their homes
- NewsSchaumburg Township homeowners can file tax appeals
- Downers GroveGovernor signs bill requiring public notice of tollway contracts
Search DailyHerald.com for articles
More ways to search Daily HeraldObituaries
Search DailyHerald.com obituaries. » Daily Herald newspaper archive
Find archived newspaper articles back to 1901. »