Why tech firm sees Gurnee as the 'diamond prairie,' home to new cellphone, warfare material
If lab-grown diamonds are going to be the next big thing in cellphones and an important part of future warfare, then Wednesday was a historic day in Gurnee.
Friday is going to be a huge day for stock tradersBuckle up, traders. Two major market events that have the potential to send U.S. equity volumes sky-high will collide Friday.
Suburban pest control company's growth built on vision -- and bedbugsLooking for a lucrative job after high school, Jason Sayre talked two friends into forming a pest control business that focused on bedbugs. Now, they have 85 employees.
Why Naperville is pausing 5th Avenue redevelopment planning processDiscussions about redeveloping the 5th Avenue area near the train station north of downtown Naperville are taking a 30-day pause.
Legal veteran joins ATI Physical TherapyATI Physical Therapy, a growing provider of physical therapy services based in Bolingbrook, said it hired Diana Chafey as executive vice president and chief legal counsel.
Three new restaurants coming to Northwest Highway corridor in PalatinePalatine is on its way to getting three new Asian restaurants in the Northwest Highway corridor.
Zebra launches new phone for retailersZebra's PS20, its sixth generation personal shopping solution, allows shoppers to scan items as they go, streamlining the checkout experience.
Why less than half of parents with college-bound students have completed the FAFSAForty six percent of parents with college-bound students report that they have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, according to a survey commissioned by Discover Student Loans.
Highland Park property sold for $4.1MMarcus & Millichap, a commercial real estate investment services firm, announced the sale of a 3,408-square-foot net-leased property located at 2030 Skokie Valley Road in Highland Park.
Trump's tariffs won't bite Apple, illustrating Tim Cook's political swayApple chief executive Tim Cook has become one of the technology industry's savviest political operators -- a behind-the-scenes Trump whisperer, able to shape some of the administration's economic policies in ways that benefit Apple and some of its tech peers.
Feder: New WTTW series 'Art & Design in Chicago'; Hawk Harrelson's last callA four-part series on "Art & Design in Chicago" will premiere October 5 on WTTW-Channel 11, airing at 8:30 p.m. Fridays. And Sunday's broadcast of the Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs "Crosstown Classic" on NBC Sports Chicago will mark the final game call of legendary White Sox announcer Ken "Hawk" Harrelson.
Columns | Elmhurst's Stenograph dominates shorthand industry for 80 yearsSince the first machine was sold 80 years ago, Elmhurst-based Stenograph LLC's reputation for quality, accuracy and customer service has commanded almost 90 percent share among the half-dozen companies in the market, making the name synomimous with court and legal shorthand reporting.
Checkbox training doesn't fix harassmentEvery HR leader has likely told a manager that sleeping with a subordinate is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and that unwelcome sexual jokes and/or touching are inappropriate in the workplace.
Francke among 5 MPS attorneys earning top honorsHal Francke, a partner at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC has been named 2019 "Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year" for the Chicagoland area by Best Lawyers.
Thinking of selling your business? Now may be a good timeSelling a business is one of the most important financial decisions in a business owner's lifetime.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- GurneeWhy tech firm sees Gurnee as the 'diamond prairie,' home to new cellphone, warfare material
- Rolling MeadowsSuburban pest control company's growth built on vision -- and bedbugs
- NapervilleWhy Naperville is pausing 5th Avenue redevelopment planning process
- LincolnshireFlavorful fine dining impresses at Three Embers in Lincolnshire
- BusinessLegal veteran joins ATI Physical Therapy
- PalatineThree new restaurants coming to Northwest Highway corridor in Palatine
- BusinessHighland Park property sold for $4.1M
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove's Wynright to build Indiana plant, add up to 580 new jobs
- BataviaBatavia council likes plan for another assisted-living facility
- LisleConstable: When a tree falls, sympathy, sadness take root
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove Bills Youth Football to receive donation at Woodman's
- Hoffman EstatesLast chance for 118-year-old Hoffman Estates farmhouse
- St. CharlesFormer St. Charles lamp factory to be converted into townhouses
- RosemontUp to 50 bank branches could close in MB, Fifth Third merger
- LincolnshireCDW's chief executive officer to retire
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more