Up to 50 bank branches could close in MB, Fifth Third merger
MB Financial shareholders today approved the company's merger with Fifth Third Bancorp. For now, all branches will continue to operate, but eventually up to 50 of the 239 Chicago-area branches could close.
2 new taco options coming to NapervilleA taste for tacos is soon to be satisfied in Naperville, where two new taco-centric restaurants are set to open this fall: Fat Rosie's and Invicto.
CDW's chief executive officer to retireCDW said today that longtime executive Christine Leahy will replace CEO Tom Richards when he retires at the end of the year.
Bystronic to move HQ from Elgin to Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates officials Monday gave Elgin-based Bystronic Inc. the green light to move its North American headquarters to an 11-acre site on the north side of the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway, just west of the former AT&T corporate campus.
Savant Capital Management merges locations in St. CharlesSavant Capital Management, an independent, nationally-recognized, fee-only wealth management firm, announced it is combining two of its local offices and moving to a new office located in St. Charles.
Feder: Can new co-host pump up 'The Jam'?Can a new co-host help jump-start the ratings for WCIU-Channel 26's underperforming morning show?
Millennials and downsizers find common housing ground in new suburban developmentAs millennials hit the pivotal age for starting families and reaching their earning potential, many are looking to the suburbs for more space, good public schools and a less hectic pace of life. At the same time, some older buyers are looking for a maintenance-free lifestyle closer to an active suburban downtown.
Conceived by the Economic Innovation Group (EIG) in Washington, D.C., and created through the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the Opportunity Zones program allows investors to defer capital gains taxes by redeploying proceeds from the sale of an investment inDevelopers -- and underserved communities -- see opportunity in Opportunity Zones program
How bonds are used to finance city, village, school district and park district improvementsIn the public sector, a local governmental entity such as city, village, school district or park district ("taxing body") needs to borrow money for a variety of reasons -- more often than not, to finance capital improvements.
Columns | Elmhurst's Stenograph dominates shorthand industry for 80 yearsSince the first machine was sold 80 years ago, Elmhurst-based Stenograph LLC's reputation for quality, accuracy and customer service has commanded almost 90 percent share among the half-dozen companies in the market, making the name synomimous with court and legal shorthand reporting.
Checkbox training doesn't fix harassmentEvery HR leader has likely told a manager that sleeping with a subordinate is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and that unwelcome sexual jokes and/or touching are inappropriate in the workplace.
Francke among 5 MPS attorneys earning top honorsHal Francke, a partner at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC has been named 2019 "Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year" for the Chicagoland area by Best Lawyers.
Thinking of selling your business? Now may be a good timeSelling a business is one of the most important financial decisions in a business owner's lifetime.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- RosemontUp to 50 bank branches could close in MB, Fifth Third merger
- Naperville2 new taco options coming to Naperville
- LincolnshireCDW's chief executive officer to retire
- Hoffman EstatesBystronic to move HQ from Elgin to Hoffman Estates
- PalatinePilot program to link paramedics, patients and house calls
- St. CharlesSavant Capital Management merges locations in St. Charles
- BusinessFresh Twist to open design studio in Elmhurst
- LisleApplication Software Technology moving to Lisle office
- GurneeGurnee to host public input meeting for sports complex study
- AuroraEdward Hospital celebrates birth of 2,000th set of multiples
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove Lincolnshire chamber shuts down fake website
- LisleReport: Nokia cuts 250 jobs in Naperville
- Elk Grove VillageState legislators to speak during chamber event in Elk Grove
- GrayslakeReport: Illinois Community Colleges score well
- Hoffman Estates1960s AMC AMX was a blast to drive in the 1980s
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more