Report: Nokia cuts 250 jobs in Naperville
Nokia Networks is laying off 250 workers in Naperville and expects to cut 250 more by the end of the year, Crain's Chicago Business is reporting.
2 new taco options coming to NapervilleA taste for tacos is soon to be satisfied in Naperville, where two new taco-centric restaurants are set to open this fall: Fat Rosie's and Invicto.
CDW's chief executive officer to retireCDW said today that its CEO Tom Richards will retire at the end of the year.
Bystronic to move HQ from Elgin to Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates officials Monday gave Elgin-based Bystronic Inc. the green light to move its North American headquarters to an 11-acre site on the north side of the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway, just west of the former AT&T corporate campus.
US Foods names Trident Seafoods as supplier of the yearUS Foods Holding Corp. announced the winners of its 2018 Supplier of the Year Awards, the company's annual vendor recognition program.
Buffalo Grove Lincolnshire chamber shuts down fake websiteBuffalo Grove Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce officials have succeeded in shutting down a fake website that caused confusion for the organization.
Hotel sells for $6.1 millionMarcus & Millichap, a commercial real estate investment services firm with offices in Oak Brook, announced the sale of an 80-room hotel located in Delavan, Wisconsin.
Paving contractor hires vice presidentA&A Paving Contractors Inc. in Roselle said it has hired Dave Pawelek as vice president of operations.
Savant Capital Management merges locations in St. CharlesSavant Capital Management, an independent, nationally-recognized, fee-only wealth management firm, announced it is combining two of its local offices and moving to a new office located in St. Charles.
State legislators to speak during chamber event in Elk GroveLocal state legislators will discuss transportation, health care, taxes and the economy during a chamber breakfast Friday, Oct. 12 in Elk Grove Village.
Feder: Can new co-host pump up 'The Jam'?Can a new co-host help jump-start the ratings for WCIU-Channel 26's underperforming morning show?
Columns | Elmhurst's Stenograph dominates shorthand industry for 80 yearsSince the first machine was sold 80 years ago, Elmhurst-based Stenograph LLC's reputation for quality, accuracy and customer service has commanded almost 90 percent share among the half-dozen companies in the market, making the name synomimous with court and legal shorthand reporting.
Checkbox training doesn't fix harassmentEvery HR leader has likely told a manager that sleeping with a subordinate is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and that unwelcome sexual jokes and/or touching are inappropriate in the workplace.
Francke among 5 MPS attorneys earning top honorsHal Francke, a partner at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC has been named 2019 "Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year" for the Chicagoland area by Best Lawyers.
Thinking of selling your business? Now may be a good timeSelling a business is one of the most important financial decisions in a business owner's lifetime.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- LisleReport: Nokia cuts 250 jobs in Naperville
- Naperville2 new taco options coming to Naperville
- LincolnshireCDW's chief executive officer to retire
- Hoffman EstatesBystronic to move HQ from Elgin to Hoffman Estates
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove Lincolnshire chamber shuts down fake website
- Oak BrookHotel sells for $6.1 million
- RosellePaving contractor hires vice president
- St. CharlesSavant Capital Management merges locations in St. Charles
- Elk Grove VillageState legislators to speak during chamber event in Elk Grove
- NapervilleConstruction to begin on Naperville Jaycees outdoor workspace
- ElginElgin industrial building sold for $29.8 million
- PalatinePilot program to link paramedics, patients and house calls
- GurneeGurnee to host public input meeting for sports complex study
- AuroraEdward Hospital celebrates birth of 2,000th set of multiples
- GrayslakeReport: Illinois Community Colleges score well
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more