Panel: Despite good market, boomers not ready to sell businesses
Although the market could not be better for aging Baby Boomers to sell their businesses, many are not doing so because they are not ready to give up their work, according to financial experts speaking at the Daily Herald Business Ledger's Newsmakers Forum on Banking and Finance Thursday.
Why tech firm sees Gurnee as the 'diamond prairie,' home to new cellphone, warfare materialIf lab-grown diamonds are going to be the next big thing in cellphones and an important part of future warfare, then Wednesday was a historic day in Gurnee.
South Elgin's Stanley's Restaurant expanding to West DundeeEight years since opening Stanley's Restaurant and Ale House in his hometown of South Elgin, Scott Stanley is expanding his business into another Fox Valley community where his roots run deep.
Facelift to refresh Naperville's Ogden 6 theater, with nod to nostalgiaThe Ogden 6 cheap theater in Naperville soon won't be quite so cheap. But it'll be showing first-run movies and sporting heated, reclining seats. Tickets will be $7.50 max.
Suburban pest control company's growth built on vision -- and bedbugsLooking for a lucrative job after high school, Jason Sayre talked two friends into forming a pest control business that focused on bedbugs. Now, they have 85 employees.
Why Naperville is pausing 5th Avenue redevelopment planning processDiscussions about redeveloping the 5th Avenue area near the train station north of downtown Naperville are taking a 30-day pause.
Flavorful fine dining impresses at Three Embers in LincolnshireMarriott Theatre patrons have a new fine-dining option to enjoy before a show: Three Embers in the Lincolnshire Marriott. The seasonal menu features top-notch steaks and seafood.
Mount Prospect closes deal on vacant Busse Triangle sitesThe long-deferred redevelopment of the Busse Triangle in downtown Mount Prospect is closer to reality now that the village board has approved the purchase of five parcels in the triangle for about $1.17 million.
Legal veteran joins ATI Physical TherapyATI Physical Therapy, a growing provider of physical therapy services based in Bolingbrook, said it hired Diana Chafey as executive vice president and chief legal counsel.
Three new restaurants coming to Northwest Highway corridor in PalatinePalatine is on its way to getting three new Asian restaurants in the Northwest Highway corridor.
Zebra launches new phone for retailersZebra's PS20, its sixth generation personal shopping solution, allows shoppers to scan items as they go, streamlining the checkout experience.
Columns | Elmhurst's Stenograph dominates shorthand industry for 80 yearsSince the first machine was sold 80 years ago, Elmhurst-based Stenograph LLC's reputation for quality, accuracy and customer service has commanded almost 90 percent share among the half-dozen companies in the market, making the name synomimous with court and legal shorthand reporting.
Checkbox training doesn't fix harassmentEvery HR leader has likely told a manager that sleeping with a subordinate is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and that unwelcome sexual jokes and/or touching are inappropriate in the workplace.
Francke among 5 MPS attorneys earning top honorsHal Francke, a partner at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC has been named 2019 "Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year" for the Chicagoland area by Best Lawyers.
Thinking of selling your business? Now may be a good timeSelling a business is one of the most important financial decisions in a business owner's lifetime.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- LislePanel: Despite good market, boomers not ready to sell businesses
- GurneeWhy tech firm sees Gurnee as the 'diamond prairie,' home to new cellphone, warfare material
- West DundeeSouth Elgin's Stanley's Restaurant expanding to West Dundee
- NapervilleFacelift to refresh Naperville's Ogden 6 theater, with nod to nostalgia
- Rolling MeadowsSuburban pest control company's growth built on vision -- and bedbugs
- NapervilleWhy Naperville is pausing 5th Avenue redevelopment planning process
- LincolnshireFlavorful fine dining impresses at Three Embers in Lincolnshire
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect closes deal on vacant Busse Triangle sites
- BusinessLegal veteran joins ATI Physical Therapy
- PalatineThree new restaurants coming to Northwest Highway corridor in Palatine
- BusinessHighland Park property sold for $4.1M
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove's Wynright to build Indiana plant, add up to 580 new jobs
- GilbertsGilberts: Village laws trump billboard company's desire for 'bigger'
- BataviaBatavia council likes plan for another assisted-living facility
- LisleConstable: When a tree falls, sympathy, sadness take root
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more