St. Charles aldermen denounce anonymous effort to halt car wash project
St. Charles aldermen are denouncing an anonymous flyer attempting to thwart the construction of a new car wash along Main Street.
New industrial building in Wheeling completedDes Plaines-based The Missner Group and Timber Hill Group have recently completed construction of an industrial building at 1075 Chaddick Drive in Wheeling.
Elk Grove businesses are going to Bahamas Bowl for work, and a little pinballA December trip to a Caribbean island may sound like a perfect winter getaway, but Elk Grove Village officials and industrial leaders heading to the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl next week say it's a business trip.
Restaurant, offices proposed for new downtown St. Charles developmentA new two-story development with a restaurant and office space could be among the final pieces of St. Charles' downtown First Street project.
Google grilled in Congress: What's ahead for tech companiesLawmakers pepper Google CEO with questions that give inkling of the issues facing tech next year
Highland Park officials clear way for redevelopment projectThe Highland Park City Council approved all zoning-related considerations for the redevelopment of 515 Roger Williams Ave. at its Dec. 10 city council meeting, officials said in a news release Tuesday.
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush expanding to Oak BrookMidwest Orthopaedics at Rush is growing its footprint in the western suburbs with plans to open a new facility at 2011 York Road in Oak Brook, officials said in a news release Tuesday.
Congresswoman to Google CEO: Why when I search 'idiot' do I get pictures of Trump?Google chief executive Sundar Pichai, who was testifying before the House Judiciary Committee Tuesday morning, tried to explain to the roomful of mostly tech novices how the algorithms take into account some 200 factors.
What's Lake County's economic outlook?Find out what the economy has in store at Forecast Lake County 2019 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Jan. 17 at White Deer Run Golf Club, 250 W. Gregg's Parkway, Vernon Hills.
Molex receives automotive awardMolex has been selected by the editors of Autonomous Vehicle Technology magazine as a recipient of a 2018 ACES Award.
Whole Foods is cutting food packaging with cancer-linked chemicalsWatchdog groups found high levels of fluorine in five of the 17 items tested at Whole Foods -- four of which were take-out containers for its salad and hot food bar.
Business Ledger | Rodil receives top business woman honorsGabriela Rodil, CEO of the Oakbrook Terrace-based Gabriela Rodil & Co., has been named the winner of a Bronze Stevie Award in the Female Executive of the Year -- Business Services --10 or Less Employees category in the 15th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
A Weighty Question for Employers: Is it Illegal to Discriminate Against Employees Because of Obesity?Since the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), one of the issues which continues to perplex employers is whether obesity is a disability under the Act. The answer to this question is important for many reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen denounce anonymous effort to halt car wash project
- WheelingNew industrial building in Wheeling completed
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove businesses are going to Bahamas Bowl for work, and a little pinball
- St. CharlesRestaurant, offices proposed for new downtown St. Charles development
- BusinessHighland Park officials clear way for redevelopment project
- Oak BrookMidwest Orthopaedics at Rush expanding to Oak Brook
- Vernon HillsWhat's Lake County's economic outlook?
- LisleMolex receives automotive award
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- NewsArlington Heights set to ban tobacco sales to those under 21
- BusinessElmhurst Hospital honored for 'person-centered' care
- Elk Grove VillageDPOE to become Pulse Technology
- Hoffman EstatesSears seeks offers on stores Lampert needs for turnaround
- BusinessM. Holland inks distribution pact
- Lake ForestAkorn CEO steps down after loss of $4.3 billion Fresenius deal
Through the Film Magnifer: Cheech and Chong, White Sox, Sunbathing, Roller Disco, Muhammad Ali, war protests and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Johnny Cash, Homing Pigeons, John Belushi, Ted Nugent, Marshall Brodien and more.