Schaumburg Business Association promotes new president
Lisa Gilbert, who was serving as interim president of the Schaumburg Business Association, was named president.
DuPage CVB leader recognized as 'Game Changer'Justin Roach, of the DuPage Convention & Visitors Burea, has been recognized as an industry leader in Connect Sports magazine's "Game Changers" feature in the fall 2018 issue.
Four financial tips for Millennial job hoppersMillennials who frequently switch jobs can reap the benefits if they make financially sound decisions throughout each transition.
Trump wants SEC to study half-year company earnings reportsPresident Donald Trump said he's asked the Securities and Exchange Commission to study ending quarterly reporting for U.S. businesses in order to ease regulations and spur growth.
Survey shows local manufacturers cautiously optimisticA survey shows that Illinois manufacturers' overall outlook in July at 84 percent positive, a number that has been steadily on the rise, increasing 16 percent over the past year.
Big tech is throwing money and talent at robots for the homeScience fiction writers and technologists have been predicting the arrival of robot butlers for the better part of a century. So far domestic robots have been relatively pedestrian: robot dogs, vacuum cleaners, lawn mowers. Rosie of "The Jetsons" fame? Not so much.
Tesla's Musk says stress, overwork taking heavy tollElectric car maker Tesla's CEO Elon Musk admitted to The New York Times that stress is taking a heavy toll on him personally in what he calls an "excruciating" year.
Feder: Bill Kurtis gets personal with Chicago magazineBill Kurtis, one of Chicago's most public media personalities for more than 50 years, reveals his private side in the September issue of Chicago magazine, Robert Feder writes.
Baseball/softball training facility in the works in ElginAn indoor training facility for baseball and softball might be coming to Randall Road in Elgin. "The proposal reflects a trend nationwide where retail centers and commercial properties along busy roads are being taken up by these service and amusement business facilities," a city official said.
Firewater Saloon plans to open in downtown Des PlainesFirewater Saloon, known at its Edison Park and Mount Greenwood locations for daily drink specials, country-western grub and live music, has plans to open a third location in downtown Des Plaines.
DuPage Medical Group adds 7 clinicsDuPage Medical Group, an independent, multi-specialty physician group, said it is expanding its physical and occupational therapy department with the openings of seven new suburban clinics.
How a Kavanaugh Court could affect labor and employment lawWhen Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh was to be nominated to fill the vacancy on the United States Supreme Court, the immediate question for many employers "how will a Kavanaugh court affect my workplace?"
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- SchaumburgSchaumburg Business Association promotes new president
- WinfieldConstruction begins at Winfield industrial building
- ElginBaseball/softball training facility in the works in Elgin
- Des PlainesFirewater Saloon plans to open in downtown Des Plaines
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village annexes 58 acres
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect to buy vacant land in Busse Triangle for $1.17 million
- MundeleinAssisted living facility proposed for Mundelein
- PoliticsHarper College wants to keep tax increase in place to fund $180 million in upgrades
- BataviaWhere to find 'older' homes in the Tri-Cities
- BataviaSpecial touches make new 1910 Spirits and Crafts bar stand out in Geneva
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates planners endorse rezoning AT&T site so it can become a full community
- BusinessNorthwest Community Hospital marks 5,000th robotic surgery
- WaucondaStack-On to eliminate 150 jobs, partly because of tariffs
- ElginDowntown Elgin street buzzing with new restaurants, more
- Long GroveLong Grove joins suburbs raising concerns about Foxconn
Search DailyHerald.com for articles
More ways to search Daily HeraldObituaries
Search DailyHerald.com obituaries. » Daily Herald newspaper archive
Find archived newspaper articles back to 1901. »