Allstate agrees to sell part of campus to industrial developer for $232 million
The Allstate Corporation on Monday announced that it has reached an agreement to sell the majority of its campus in Northfield Township near Northbrook. The agreement with Dermody Properties would be for about $232 million and would close in 2022, according to a company news release.
Pot shop proposed for downtown Des Plaines would be first in the cityEntrepreneurs want to open Des Plaines' first recreational cannabis dispensary in the heart of the city's downtown district.
CLC begins work on $89 million Advanced Technology Center in GurneeWork is underway to convert a former Lowe's store at Rollins Road and Grand Avenue in Gurnee into the College of Lake County's first Advanced Technology Center, which school officials say is positioned to provide 40% of the county's skilled labor force in the next five years.
Feder: WGN in talks on Dan Roan's retirementIn a late July interview for the folks back home in Keokuk, Iowa, the veteran sports anchor at WGN-Channel 9 told the Fort Madison Daily Democrat that he would be retiring in February. But when those comments surfaced here Monday, they came as a surprise to many at the Nexstar Media station.
Panel weighs safety, effectiveness of Merck's COVID-19 pillGovernment health advisers on Tuesday weighed the benefits and risks of a closely watched drug from Merck that could soon become the first U.S.-authorized pill for patients to take at home to treat COVID-19.
Chicago Auto Show returns to February next yearThe Chicago Automobile Trade Association, producer of the Chicago Auto Show, Monday said the 2022 event will return to its traditional February time frame. Because of the pandemic, it was held in July this year.
Glory Global Solutions has deal to buy cash automation solutions companyLisle-based Glory Global Solutions Inc. Monday said it has made an offer to acquire Revolution Retail Systems LLC, based in Carrollton, Texas.
Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey steps down as CEOTwitter co-founder Jack Dorsey has stepped down as CEO of the social media platform. He has been succeeded by Twitter's current chief technology officer, Parag Agrawal.
Tech-24 selects Davisware as software partnerWest Dundee-based Davisware, a leading provider of all-in-one business management software, said Tech-24 will deploy Davisware's GlobalEdge product across its growing network of companies.
EasyJet: Omicron variant already affecting flight bookingsBritish airline easyJet says it's already seeing some impact on demand from the new omicron variant of the coronavirus in the days since it was first identified
Inflation in 19 nations using euro hits record high of 4.9%Official figures show that consumer prices across the 19 countries that use the euro currency are rising at a record rate
Business Ledger | Wheaton Chamber to host media panel Dec. 1The Women in Business Committee of the Wheaton Chamber of Commerce is hosting "The Power of the Press: Boosting Your Business Through Media Relations," a media panel being held from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. on Wednesday, December 1, via Zoom.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BusinessAllstate agrees to sell part of campus to industrial developer for $232 million
- Des PlainesPot shop proposed for downtown Des Plaines would be first in the city
- GurneeCLC begins work on $89 million Advanced Technology Center in Gurnee
- LibertyvilleTwo years after ban, Libertyville to revisit recreational marijuana sales
- NewsLake, McHenry counties included in disaster declaration
- Long GroveConstable: Hanukkah menorahs, dreidels go from traditional to wacky
- HuntleyConstruction of new Huntley Hampton Inn delayed by supply, labor issues
- Batavia'There is no pain:' Batavia man is hospital's 100th recipient of less invasive heart procedure
- ElginElgin Farmers Market draws more shoppers, vendors than in 2020
- AuroraShoppers flock to malls for Black Friday, even with changes in hours, capacity limits
- GenevaWhat suburban stores are doing in hopes you give them a Small Business Saturday boost
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates extends outdoor dining through another winter
- ItascaPeople to be thankful for: Roselle firm's CEO helps put hundreds of meals on families' tables
- GrayslakeCLC assists initiative for minority-owned small businesses
- LibertyvilleNew Libertyville restaurant aims to be 'island oasis in the suburbs'