Wood Dale online grocer Gourmet Kitchn helps promote locally sourced providers
Recognizing the contributions and the variety of locally sourced food providers, Wood Dale's Gourmet Kitchn gives these innovative brands an on-line presence on their site while also supporting sales, marketing, and distribution.
"Great local food products deserve great exposure. That's what Gourmet Kitchn offers. We help get them over the hump so that they can share their products with foodies who love artisanal and gourmet food brands, even gluten-free products," according to Gourmet Kitchn's Jamie Moriarty.
Gourmet Kitchn works with the following local brands:
• The Fresh Plan, creating weekly menus made with the freshest ingredients, nothing artificial, and locally sourced when available.
• Kiki's Gluten Free Foods, award-winning gluten free foods.
• AYO Foods, offering unique meals made with ingredients and flavors of 17 countries of West Africa.
• Cuca Cucina, dedicated to providing organic, sustainable, high quality food products!
• Happy To Meat You, quality prime, fresh meats with fast and convenient home delivery.
• Big Fork Brands, a family-owned company centered on innovation that works with small family farmers in Iowa who raise heritage hogs outdoors without the use of antibiotics.
• Gators Wing Shack, a Palatine-based company whose wings were voted the best to Chicago.
• Salty Provisions by Wanderlust Sea Salt LLC, offering Scandinavian-inspired salts and spices made from pure Norwegian Flaky salt.
• Planti Meals, a healthy and delicious organic, whole-food, plant-based, gluten-free service providing lunches created for busy people.
• The Soft Wave Fish Co., pairing up the world's best purveyors of seafood, crustaceans, and other species, bringing them fresh to the door through their delivery program.
• Station34 Pizza Pub, delivering home-crafted pizzas ready for the oven.
• Hot Cakes Bakery, a wholesale bakery that provides delicious and all-natural baked goods to Chicago neighborhood restaurants, coffee houses and specialty food shops.
"So much love went into their food, and they support Chicago's food scene, so we believe we have some responsibility for introducing these products to savvy Chicago food lovers," Moriarty said.