It's official: O'Hare's latest runway extension is ready to roll
As of Thursday, jets can finally start landing on Runway 9-Right/27-Left at O'Hare International Airport after a major extension that makes it the second longest on the airfield.
Developer trying again for affordable housing in PalatineA developer whose preliminary proposal to build affordable housing in Palatine faced strong opposition from neighbors last summer is back with a revised plan.
United Airlines jet powered by sustainable fuel heads out from O'HareWhat would normally be a ho-hum United Airlines flight from O'Hare International Airport to Washington on Wednesday is being hailed as a breakthrough that will help reduce pollution from jet fuel.
Recreation center, more apartments proposed for Villa ParkVilla Park is considering constructing a 38,000-square-foot recreation center at Lions Park. Meanwhile, a developer has unveiled a proposal for a mixed-use housing and retail complex along Villa Avenue.
McHenry Downtown Theater will close for renovations in 2022, focus on live eventsAfter a rough two years for movie theaters across the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic and shifts by film studios to release movies directly to streaming platforms, the McHenry Downtown Theater announced Wednesday it will no longer show motion pictures.
Feder: Julie Mann resigns as managing editor of WBBM NewsradioJulie Mann, the first-rate broadcast journalist who has led the newsroom of WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM as managing editor for more than a decade, is leaving after 25 years at the top-rated Audacy all-news station.
Omicron unravels travel industry's plans for a comebackTourism businesses that were just finding their footing after nearly two years of devastation wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic are being rattled again as countries throw up new barriers to travel in an effort to contain the omicron variant.
AllPoints signs distribution deal with DormontAllPoints, a global food service parts and supplies provider, has become a major distributor of stainless steel gas connectors manufactured by Dormont.
Loyalty to family, instead of CNN, puts Chris Cuomo at riskThere's family, and your job as a journalist. Chris Cuomo's willingness to put the latter at risk in service to his brother has led to his suspension by CNN.
Feder: WTTW's Geoffrey Baer lifts viewers 'Beyond Chicago From the Air'Premiering at 7:30 p.m. tonight, Geoffrey Baer's latest effort is a one-hour tour de force called "Beyond Chicago From the Air."
OrthoIllinois opens two more suburban clinicsRockford-based OrthoIllinois, a bone and joint health care provider in northern Illinois, has opened new physical therapy locations in Huntley and Woodstock. The Huntley clinic is at 12376 Princeton Drive, No. 7. The Woodstock clinic is at 150 S. Eastwood Drive, Suite C.
Business Ledger | Wheaton Chamber to host media panel Dec. 1The Women in Business Committee of the Wheaton Chamber of Commerce is hosting "The Power of the Press: Boosting Your Business Through Media Relations," a media panel being held from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. on Wednesday, December 1, via Zoom.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- PalatineDeveloper trying again for affordable housing in Palatine
- Villa ParkRecreation center, more apartments proposed for Villa Park
- McHenry CountyReports: Seven hospitalized after acid spill at Harvard food plant
- BusinessMcHenry Downtown Theater will close for renovations in 2022, focus on live events
- NewsLake, McHenry counties included in disaster declaration
- BusinessAllstate agrees to sell part of campus to industrial developer for $232 million
- BartlettFourth generation takes the helm at Elgin's Kellenberger Auto
- AuroraOld Second, West Suburban banks complete merger
- GurneeCLC begins work on $89 million Advanced Technology Center in Gurnee
- LibertyvilleTwo years after ban, Libertyville to revisit recreational marijuana sales
- Des PlainesPot shop proposed for downtown Des Plaines would be first in the city
- Long GroveConstable: Hanukkah menorahs, dreidels go from traditional to wacky
- HuntleyConstruction of new Huntley Hampton Inn delayed by supply, labor issues
- Batavia'There is no pain:' Batavia man is hospital's 100th recipient of less invasive heart procedure
- ElginElgin Farmers Market draws more shoppers, vendors than in 2020