$40 million 'high end' senior living facility gets approval in Elgin
A project is moving forward in Elgin for a $40 million "high end" senior living facility with amenities like a pub with daily happy hour, a full-service spa, a putting green, a playground and a fenced-in dog park.
Chicago task force releases roadmap to economic recoveryMayor Lori Lightfoot vowed Thursday to lead a "second Chicago renaissance" -- by following a roadmap to recovery from the economic devastation created by the coronavirus pandemic and the stay-at-home shutdown it triggered.
39,000 more file jobless claims in IllinoisThe state of Illinois saw slight decreases in the number of people filing first-time unemployment claims as well as the number of people receiving continuing benefits during the week that ended July 4.
Northwest Community Healthcare inks merger deal with NorthShoreLong rumored, Arlington Heights-based Northwest Community Healthcare on Wednesday announced it has inked a merger agreement that will end its independent status after 61 years.
Winchester House replacement brings new nursing home era in Lake CountyAfter more than 150 years, a new era in skilled nursing for Lake County residents will begin today with the opening of a new facility to replace the age-old Winchester House. The yellowed page will officially turn after all 98 residents of the five-story building at Winchester Road and Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville are transferred in an elaborately planned move.
New restaurant, bar opening Friday in downtown GrayslakeFirst Draft Grayslake will serve its first customers starting at 11 a.m. Friday, officially marking the end of more than two years of planning and construction.
6 shops closed but 5 new opening in downtown NapervilleDowntown Naperville has seen six shops close during the COVID-19 pandemic, but one has opened, another has relocated and three more plan to open soon.
Social media post hints at Tuesday opening for St. Charles WahlburgersA social media post featuring a winking Donnie Wahlberg hints that the long-awaited opening of his St. Charles burger restaurant is right around the corner.
Walgreens ends buybacks, cuts jobs as profit misses; shares fallWalgreens Boots Alliance Inc. plans to cut about 4,000 jobs in the U.K. following a sharp drop in its business there and suspend stock buybacks, as the coronavirus pandemic jolts its business around the world.
United Airlines warns 36,000 workers they could be laid offUnited Airlines is warning 36,000 employees -- nearly half its U.S. staff -- they could be furloughed in October, the clearest signal yet of how deeply the virus pandemic is hurting the airline industry.
Allstate acquires National General for $4 billion in cashNorthbrook-based insurance company Allstate is buying National General Holdings for $4 billion in cash, expanding the scope of its insurance holdings.
How to navigate your business into the 'New Normal"Employers now face the daunting task of preparing for recovery while navigating "the new normal" on their own. Any change, whether good or bad, can succeed or fail based on how well the employer manages the process.
Small businesses needing capital should consider the SBA 504 Refinance ProgramThe COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked major disruption on small businesses and continues to threaten many with permanent closure. The Small Business Administration (SBA) was the first stop for businesses looking for critical capital through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
Professional services adjust to a PPP, PPE worldLike all sectors of the economy, the accounting world has felt the impact of COVID-19. Our firm has held steady as clients come to us seeking help interpreting new laws that change by the day. Others need assurance that the sky isn't falling in on them.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Elgin$40 million 'high end' senior living facility gets approval in Elgin
- BusinessNorthwest Community Healthcare inks merger deal with NorthShore
- Mount ProspectDream come true for new Mount Prospect Rosati's owner
- MundeleinWinchester House replacement brings new nursing home era in Lake County
- GrayslakeNew restaurant, bar opening Friday in downtown Grayslake
- Naperville6 shops closed but 5 new opening in downtown Naperville
- St. CharlesSocial media post hints at Tuesday opening for St. Charles Wahlburgers
- BusinessWalgreens ends buybacks, cuts jobs as profit misses; shares fall
- BusinessAllstate acquires National General for $4 billion in cash
- Mount ProspectBank in, Submarine Express out under deal approved by Mount Prospect board
- Oak BrookHub Group named a top Green Provider
- NewsNorthbrook applications totaled more than $134 million in Paycheck Protection program
- NewsGlenview applications totaled more than $60 million in Paycheck Protection program
- BusinessDiscover named a best place to work in IT
- BusinessSFF leases space to accommodate fast growth
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more