Schaumburg honors business leaders
SCHAUMBURG -- The Schaumburg Business Association recently recognized five outstanding businesses and businesspeople at it annual Toast of Schaumburg at the Renaissance Convention Center Hotel.
The SBA honors highlight the impact the businesses make on the community. The 2019 winners are:
• Brian H. Burke Business of the Year: Muscle Activation Schaumburg
• Laurie Stone Woman of the Year: Kari-Ann Ryan of Midwest Moving & Storage
• Leader of the Year: Scott Felgenhauer of Plaidypus
• Volunteer of the Year: Sarah Moreau of Harvest Media
• Rookie of the Year: Allstate -- Sundara Insurance Group
In addition to the awards, the Toast of Schaumburg also raised more than $13,000 for the SBA's Charitable Foundation scholarship awarded annually to high school students.
"This year's Toast of Schaumburg was truly a celebration of those businesses and individuals exemplifying the soul of the Schaumburg Business Association which is reflective in our five pillars; Economic Development, Community, Resource, Relationships and Advocacy." said Lisa Gilbert, president of the Schaumburg Business Association.