St. Charles' Blue Goose 'fighting hard' to stay open, owner says
The Blue Goose Market has been a staple of downtown St. Charles since Paul Lencioni's great-grandmother opened its doors 91 years ago. Now, the fourth-generation owner says he's "fighting hard" for the grocery store's survivial.
Developer plans to build mammoth warehouse and distribution building in PalatineA mammoth warehouse and distribution building has been approved for an industrial area of Palatine, along with its developer gaining a recommendation for a Cook County property tax break.
Wynright to close suburban facilities with move to IndianaDaifuku Wynright Corp. will close its headquarters in Elk Grove Village and another facility in Oak Lawn once it completes its move to a larger facility in Hobart, Indiana, at the end of the year.
Schaumburg favors spot for convention center parking deckSchaumburg village board members agreed Tuesday that the area just north of the Schaumburg Convention Center was the best place for a five-level parking deck to address an existing demand there and leave more visible land available along Meacham Road to the west for a self-proposed entertainment district.
Craft Donuts hopes to move into Elgin library in mid-August"We're super excited about the opportunity," Allison Reno said of opening with her husband John a Craft Donuts + Coffee location in Elgin.
Credit union acquires Ben Franklin BankCorporate America Family Credit Union announced it will acquire Ben Franklin Financial, the holding company for Ben Franklin Bank of Illinois, in an all-cash transaction.
'Sigwalt 16' will finish Block 425 in downtown Arlington HeightsA plan for 16 townhouses to fill out the remainder of the long-vacant Block 425 on the west side of downtown Arlington Heights was unanimously approved by the village board Monday.
120 apartments, 8 townhouses could be coming to old Mill Race Inn siteA developer got preliminary approval Monday for a project for the old Mill Race Inn site that would include as many as 120 apartments, eight townhouses and 2,000 square feet of commercial space.
Two St. Charles organizations merge to strengthen 'community brand'St. Charles leaders know a community's brand is crucial to its success. That's why two long-standing organizations have merged to create a stronger, more efficient marketing and tourism group: the St. Charles Business Alliance.
Former Rep. Roskam joins law firm's government practiceFormer U.S. Rep. Peter Roskam has made his next career move and has joined Sidley Austin LLP as a partner in its Government Strategies group.
Lake Barrington leaders looking to boost ties to village businessesLake Barrington's top administrator and an economic development consultant are going around town in an effort to better connect with village busineses.
Outsourced Accounting; What's it all about?Outsourced accounting is a service that provides a full, accounting department experience for businesses and nonprofit organizations without the appropriate resources for an accounting department or who are frustrated with the cost and effort put forth to staff their existing accounting department.
Balancing the financial needs of the family businessDuring the life cycle of a family-owned business, there are many reasons to seek financing. From start up to retirement, each loan has a means to an end -- to provide income to the members of the family while maintaining the success of the business.
Handling employee complaints about coworker harassment: Just how effective is your prompt and effective corrective action?As an employer, when it comes to compliance with employment laws and regulations, you strive to do everything right. But as a recent case makes clear, an employer who does everything can still be found liable for allowing a hostile work environment to persist.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- St. CharlesSt. Charles' Blue Goose 'fighting hard' to stay open, owner says
- PalatineDeveloper plans to build mammoth warehouse and distribution building in Palatine
- Elk Grove VillageWynright to close suburban facilities with move to Indiana
- SchaumburgSchaumburg favors spot for convention center parking deck
- BusinessCredit union acquires Ben Franklin Bank
- News'Sigwalt 16' will finish Block 425 in downtown Arlington Heights
- Geneva120 apartments, 8 townhouses could be coming to old Mill Race Inn site
- St. CharlesTwo St. Charles organizations merge to strengthen 'community brand'
- Lake BarringtonLake Barrington leaders looking to boost ties to village businesses
- SchaumburgHelm Tool to relocate HQ to Schaumburg
- Carol StreamVoice Technology in the Workplace: Balance the benefits against the risks
- Elk Grove VillageComcast to bring business network to tech park
- ElginMiddleby acquires Packaging Progressions
- MundeleinBiddeford Blankets to move to Green Oaks
- Rolling MeadowsMYR Group acquires CSI Electrical Contractors
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more