Officials upbeat Takeda site will not stay vacant long
While Takeda Pharmaceuticals' decision to move its U.S. operations out of Deerfield by the end of the year will have an impact on Lake County's economy, local and county officials are upbeat that property won't sit idle for long.
Aldi debuts two redesigned suburban storesAldi will hold ribbon cutting ceremonies at redesigned stores in Hoffman Estates and Prospect Heights.
Neighbors fear parking issues, cramped views from downtown Naperville developmentA new developer has bought a downtown Naperville property and wants to change the plan for what can be built there, but neighbors fear the proposal will bring parking problems and a cramped living environment.
Developer wants to put 19 apartment buildings on farmland in West DundeeWest Dundee officials are expected to decide next week whether more than 34 acres of farmland should be redeveloped into a 380-unit apartment community.
Where marijuana can and can't be used once law goes into effectWhile marijuana consumption and possession will become legal for Illinois residents age 21 and over starting Jan. 1, consumption in public places will still be prohibited and local governments will maintain control over whether the industry can conduct business within their jurisdictions. Here are the new rules.
Back-to-school spending will rise 9% and Prime Day is the reasonThe school year is only just finishing across the U.S., but Amazon.com is making sure parents are already thinking about back-to-school shopping.
Thorton's property sells for $2.8 millionMarcus & Millichap announced it has sold the Thorton's retail property in Prospect Heights to a private buyer for $2.81 million, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
State financial report is six months lateIllinois officials are six months late publishing an annual document presenting the state's fiscal health in detail, and they are unsure when it will be released.
AST names Winter as new CEOApplications Software Technology has appointed Justin Winter as its Chief Executive Officer.
Want $25K to spruce up your building in the Dundee Crossings district? East Dundee offering grantsEast Dundee is offering grant funding to spur private investment and improve the overall appearance of its key commercial corridors.
Hub Group company receives top 100 awardSupply & Demand Chain Executive magazine has selected CaseStack, a Hub Group company, as a recipient of an SDCE 100 Award for 2019.
Handling employee complaints about coworker harassment: Just how effective is your prompt and effective corrective action?As an employer, when it comes to compliance with employment laws and regulations, you strive to do everything right. But as a recent case makes clear, an employer who does everything can still be found liable for allowing a hostile work environment to persist.
Embracing the total rewards conceptTwo recent MRA Hot Topic Surveys indicated that while competitive pay and employer-sponsored health insurance remain two of the most valued employee benefits,
AMITA Health offers state-of-the-art joint replacementAMITA Health's state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Joint Replacement in Hoffman Estates offers extraordinary technology including the Stryker MAKO robotic arm for joint replacement surgery.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BusinessOfficials upbeat Takeda site will not stay vacant long
- BataviaAldi debuts two redesigned suburban stores
- NapervilleNeighbors fear parking issues, cramped views from downtown Naperville development
- West DundeeDeveloper wants to put 19 apartment buildings on farmland in West Dundee
- NapervilleNaperville chamber president stepping down this fall
- Prospect HeightsThorton's property sells for $2.8 million
- LisleAST names Winter as new CEO
- East DundeeWant $25K to spruce up your building in the Dundee Crossings district? East Dundee offering grants
- Oak BrookHub Group company receives top 100 award
- BusinessAbbVie acquisition brings some Allergan profits back to U.S.
- NapervilleArtists show off canine creations in downtown Naperville display
- PalatinePalatine expects to save about $350,000 with a new garbage hauling contract
- DuPage CountyDuPage approves licensing program for adult businesses
- NewsSchaumburg Township starting memory-loss support group
- Lake BluffAbbVie heads to record rout as Allergan deal fails to end doubts
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more