Would extra parking be worth extra traffic near Naperville train station?
More parking near the Naperville Metra station could help commuters but harm neighborhood traffic, so Naperville City Council members are weighing whether to add hundreds more spots.
Why East Dundee won't consider controversial Water Street projectA proposed residential development that would have shut down part of Water Street has been met with resounding opposition from East Dundee residents and stakeholders -- so much so that developers and village officials have decided not to move forward with the project.
Retailers want you in stores on Black Friday. Here's how they plan to do it.How malls and stores are capitalizing on the shopping experience to attract customers on Black Friday away from computers and into brick-and-mortar shops.
The Burger Social restaurateurs to open new dining spots in WheatonA new Mexican taco restaurant and a doughnut shop are opening in a downtown Wheaton building redeveloped by the same investor group behind The Burger Social.
How you can avoid scams during the holidaysWhile most of us hope to spend the next month spreading goodwill and holiday cheer, you can bet that some grinches are out there just waiting to take advantage of you in this season of giving.
Byline Bank renews lease, expands spaceCBRE recenltly handled the lease renewal and expansion at Woodfield Preserve Office Center, on behalf of Zeller Realty Group, to Byline Bank at 20 N. Martingale Road in Schaumburg.
It's not just you: Tech spending may grow to more than $96 billion during holiday seasonTelevisions once again are leading the way as the most-requested technology gift this holiday season, according to a trade association's annual study.
Do these 5 things by Dec. 31 to cut your tax billIt may seem too early to start thinking about your tax return, but procrastination could cost you thousands of dollars. Here are a few simple maneuvers that could save you a bundle on your taxes -- if you make them by Dec. 31.
Mortgage rates fall: 30-year at 4.81 percentU.S. long-term mortgage rates recorded the biggest drop in nearly four years this week, but remain much higher than they were a year ago.
Stocks move higher on Wall Street after 2 days of big lossesStocks in the U.S. are making broad gains Wednesday after two days of steep losses, and major European indexes are also recovering.
Lake Zurich approves new 35-home subdivisionLake Zurich got a little bigger this week after the village board approved a new 35-home subdivision called Avery Ridge on the northeast side of town.
A Weighty Question for Employers: Is it Illegal to Discriminate Against Employees Because of Obesity?Since the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), one of the issues which continues to perplex employers is whether obesity is a disability under the Act. The answer to this question is important for many reasons.
Weiss & Company LLC celebrates 50th anniversary in styleLast month, a crowd of over 300 gathered at The Glen Club in Glenview to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Weiss & Company LLP, one of the area's most enduringly successful accounting firms.
The most ignored retirement assetThe main goal of someone when they retire is to make sure they have protected the Longevity of their money, they can maintain a Lifestyle they are accustomed, to have the Liquidity needed to maintain that lifestyle, and to leave a Legacy to their heirs.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NapervilleWould extra parking be worth extra traffic near Naperville train station?
- East DundeeWhy East Dundee won't consider controversial Water Street project
- AuroraRetailers want you in stores on Black Friday. Here's how they plan to do it.
- WheatonThe Burger Social restaurateurs to open new dining spots in Wheaton
- SchaumburgByline Bank renews lease, expands space
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich approves new 35-home subdivision
- SchaumburgNew general manager arrives at Woodfield Mall
- BarringtonThe Altar Bridal opens in Barrington
- GenevaDelnor receives Magnet designation for fourth time
- Kane CountyKane County Health Department to put restaurant inspection reports online
- DuPage CountyEPA says it may have overstated carcinogenic gas levels at Sterigenics
- Lake CountyEPA sets up website on Lake County ethylene oxide concerns
- NewsJudson senior's package protector idea wins 'Shark Tank' contest
- BarringtonWith help of volunteers, Barrington cafe donates hundreds of Thanksgiving meals
- Vernon HillsWork begins on Bears-themed fitness center in Vernon Hills
Through the Film Magnifer: Cheech and Chong, White Sox, Sunbathing, Roller Disco, Muhammad Ali, war protests and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Johnny Cash, Homing Pigeons, John Belushi, Ted Nugent, Marshall Brodien and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.