Rocking beds and pillows that nudge when you snore: Tech wants into your bed
What Fitbits and Apple Watches did for getting moving, consumer tech now wants to do for getting Zs. So does any of it work?
Would calling for murder get Trump banned from Twitter? CEO Jack Dorsey won't say."We believe it's important that the world sees how global leaders think and how they act. And we think the conversation that ensues around that is critical," Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said in an interview with HuffPost.
Forget to take your medication? A new digital pill will alert you -- and your doctor.To combat patients' fibbing and forgetfulness, doctors have begun deploying a new tool: a pill embedded with a tiny, ingestible sensor. The sensor transmits data from inside the patient's body to a wearable patch placed on their abdomen, which then connects to a mobile app that patients and doctors can access.
A look at Nike's new $350 smart sneakerThe shoe self-tightens to an athlete's preference -- there are no laces -- and is adjustable via an app. The products carry sensors, accelerometers and gyroscopes that can give Nike a full, personalized snapshot of its owner's performance. They'll need recharging every two weeks.
Apple plans to cut back on hiring due to struggling iPhone salesTim Cook, Apple's chief executive officer, made the disclosure to employees earlier this month in a meeting the day after he penned a letter to investors about the company's recent struggles, particularly in China.
74 percent of Americans didn't know Facebook collected their interests to target adsBased on what you tell Facebook, the company might be able to zero in on your interest in dogs, for instance. Maybe it guesses that you've been recently shopping for a home or a mattress or a car. For some people, Facebook takes a guess at their political beliefs and "racial affinity."
A major bug in Fortnite gave hackers access to millions of player accounts, researchers sayIf you or your child plays Fortnite, you might want to take a closer look at your recent credit card statements.
Netflix: Fortnite is a bigger rival than HBONetflix has identified an even bigger rival than HBO: the massively popular video game Fortnite.
Luxury apartments, grocery store proposed for long-vacant DuPage Theatre siteA $31 million mixed-use development featuring luxury apartments and a cooperatively-owned grocery store is being proposed for a property in downtown Lombard that's been vacant for more than a decade.
Lampert's $5.2B Sears deal gets backing from Bank of America, CyrusEddie Lampert's ESL Investments Inc. will finance its winning $5.2 billion bid to salvage Sears Holdings Corp. in part with $850 million from a new asset-based loan, according to a regulatory filing Friday.
Why Schaumburg might change site of convention center parking deckSchaumburg officials have opted to take another step toward a potential parking deck to serve both the village's convention center and an anticipated entertainment district nearby after some different options, including alternative locations, are added to an early concept plan.
Retirement on the horizon: A financial planning checklistRetirement is one of the biggest events you will experience in your lifetime and requires you to have a retirement checklist to plan your finances correctly. Here is a retirement checklist of items to consider as you are trying to plan for your life after work.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- LombardLuxury apartments, grocery store proposed for long-vacant DuPage Theatre site
- Hoffman EstatesLampert's $5.2B Sears deal gets backing from Bank of America, Cyrus
- SchaumburgWhy Schaumburg might change site of convention center parking deck
- Hoffman EstatesThe nicest Sears you've ever seen isn't owned by Sears
- NapervilleNaperville hopes bringing homes to shopping center will boost 'second downtown'
- NewsArlington Heights hospital opens a quiet place for families experiencing loss
- Mount ProspectHow Mount Prospect is trying to make it easier to cross downtown streets
- BarringtonBarrington chamber celebrates 50th anniversary at gala
- BusinessAptarGroup joins global effort to reuse plastics
- Vernon HillsAldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills area
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- Hoffman EstatesEx-CEO of Hoffman Estates company imprisoned for pocketing $2.2 million in investments
- SchaumburgSchaumburg hosts blood drive Jan. 24
- MundeleinProstitution arrests could cause Mundelein massage parlors to lose licenses
- Hoffman EstatesEditorial: We're rooting for Sears to come back from the brink