New Moretti's may be on tap for Elgin
Elgin City council members have given preliminary approval to an economic development package that could bring a Moretti's location to the former home of Gifford's Kitchen and Social. Ala Carte Entertainment, Inc. is seeking to redevelop the vacant building at 2300 Bushwood Drive as a Moretti's Unique Events restaurant.
Are ties to marijuana industry a problem for suburban lawmaker seeking CBD rules?Deerfield state Rep. Bob Morgan's 'CBD Safety Act' draws criticism from hemp growers who cite the lawmaker's ties to the rival marijuana industry.
Swiss billionaire gives up bid for Chicago TribuneThe Swiss billionaire who burst on the scene last month as the "potential savior" of the Chicago Tribune won't be challenging Alden Global Capital's takeover of Tribune Publishing after all.
Ex-Delnor leader Wright remembered for commitment to hospital, communityA longtime leader of Delnor Hospital is being remembered for his commitment to others.
Rolling Meadows' fifth and final video gambling cafe moves closer to openingRolling Meadows aldermen have given preliminary approval of a liquor license to what would be the fifth and final video gambling cafe in the city.
Tesla plans to be latest addition to Libertyville's Mile of CarsLibertyville officials say electric carmaker Tesla plans a dealership at the former Gregory Infiniti location, 1121 S. Milwaukee Ave.
New cafe proposed for Des Plaines train stationA cafe with suburban roots could replace a defunct coffee shop inside Des Plaines' downtown train station.
Trump appointee obstructed investigation of Sterigenics, new EPA report saysA senior political appointee in the Trump administration stifled attempts by Chicago-based environmental regulators to investigate and remedy cancer-causing ethylene oxide releases in the Chicago area, a new government report says.
'It's like a godsend': Suburban businesses get pandemic relief from The Barstool FundAt a time when so many businesses have struggled mightily to stay afloat, or sadly didn't make it, six suburban business owners got unexpected, precious help from the fundraising effort The Barstool Fund.
Gurnee OKs $1.5 million incentive plan to attract Cooper's HawkThe Gurnee village board approved an incentive package worth up to $1.5 million for the construction of a new Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant.
How to fill in your financial blind spotsKnowing enough about money to cover your bills is a start, but it's not enough financial literacy to provide long-term security. Most of us eventually wonder what else we should be doing -- and whether what we don't know could hurt us.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- ElginNew Moretti's may be on tap for Elgin
- GenevaEx-Delnor leader Wright remembered for commitment to hospital, community
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates could see 85 homes where 75-home plan stalled
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows' fifth and final video gambling cafe moves closer to opening
- LibertyvilleTesla plans to be latest addition to Libertyville's Mile of Cars
- Des PlainesNew cafe proposed for Des Plaines train station
- PoliticsTrump appointee obstructed investigation of Sterigenics, new EPA report says
- Elgin'It's like a godsend': Suburban businesses get pandemic relief from The Barstool Fund
- GurneeGurnee OKs $1.5 million incentive plan to attract Cooper's Hawk
- LombardOriginal Rainbow Cone coming to Lombard
- Elgin$32M industrial development coming to border of Elgin, Sleepy Hollow
- BataviaStriking success: St. Charles Bowl marks 60th anniversary
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers, Oct. 12 to Dec. 1, 2020
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers, Nov. 20-25, 2020
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers, Oct. 22 to Dec. 1, 2020
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more