Jim O'Donnell: Churchill Inc. perfectly positioned to donate land for Halas Stadium
Jim O'Donnell: Wouldn't it be nice if Churchill Downs Inc. donated the Arlington Park land to the village?
$26.8 million redevelopment of downtown Mount Prospect shopping center gets OK from boardMount Prospect village board members voted Tuesday to approve the redevelopment of the Prospect Place shopping center, as well as a package of more than $4 million in financial incentives to support the downtown project.
Arlington Heights' vehicle fleet gets greenerArlington Heights' snow plows that got a workout in recent weeks are not only mean, but green.
Farmers ask for 'right to repair'The "Digital Right to Repair Act" would require manufacturers, by 2022, to provide farmers with the same diagnostic materials available to official repair providers. It would also require the manufacturers to make parts necessary for repair, including software, available for purchase.
'The best bagels in Chicago': Lisle trustees eager for Schmaltz Deli to move to townThe family-owned deli still needs to clear several hurdles to make the move to Lisle, but the village already is putting out the welcome mat.
New Dunkin' coming this summer to ItascaA new Dunkin' location is expected to open this summer in a former fast-food restaurant in Itasca.
St. Charles marijuana dispensary poised to change locationThe operators of the Zen Leaf marijuana dispensary in St. Charles are seeking to move locations from the St. Charles Commons office complex to a former Jared Jewelry store in the Main Street Commons shopping center at the southeast corner of Kirk Road and Main Street.
Lisle-based association starts insurance blogThe Lisle-based American Association of Insurance Services has launched AAIS Views, a blog dedicated to providing the insurance community and its stakeholders with insights on today's most pressing issues.
Wheeling cuts fees for business, liquor licenses due to pandemicThe Wheeling village board this week voted to reduce the cost of business licenses and liquor licenses for the next fiscal year because of the COVID-19 crisis.
Wintrust outlines number of businesses seeking paycheck loansWintrust Financial Corp. Wednesday said it has received 6,973 applications for $1.27 billion in loans since Jan. 11 in the latest round of the Paycheck Protection Program initiated by the U.S. Treasury Department and Small Business Administration.
Grant program created to help Des Plaines businesses recover from pandemicDes Plaines businesses could receive municipal grants of up to $2,000 under a new program designed to help small businesses recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- SportsJim O'Donnell: Churchill Inc. perfectly positioned to donate land for Halas Stadium
- Mount Prospect$26.8 million redevelopment of downtown Mount Prospect shopping center gets OK from board
- LifestyleArlington Heights' vehicle fleet gets greener
- PalatineGarfield's in Palatine plans to remodel, add bar area
- Lisle'The best bagels in Chicago': Lisle trustees eager for Schmaltz Deli to move to town
- ItascaNew Dunkin' coming this summer to Itasca
- St. CharlesSt. Charles marijuana dispensary poised to change location
- WheelingWheeling cuts fees for business, liquor licenses due to pandemic
- Des PlainesGrant program created to help Des Plaines businesses recover from pandemic
- EducationOakton to build state's first community college cannabis lab
- ElginNew corporate headquarters, with jobs to fill, may come to Elgin
- NewsArlington Heights allows for restaurants, offices, apartments, more at International Plaza
- Des PlainesAfter residents' complaints, developer shrinks plan in Des Plaines
- Hoffman EstatesMayor says Hoffman Estates is poised to bounce back from pandemic
- Glen EllynConstable: From landmarks like Arlington Park to Dr. Suess, losing favorites is part of change