West Dundee offers incentives for pizzeria to upgrade former Francesca's site
With the shuttered Francesca's Campagna building under new ownership, West Dundee is offering financial incentives to help transform the downtown space into a pizzeria with upper-level apartments.
Just Dunkin': Dunkin' Donuts to change its nameDunkin' is dropping the donuts -- from its name, anyway.
U-Haul to expand storage, reconfigure West Dundee siteAfter months of negotiating with West Dundee, U-Haul has been granted permission to expand its parking and storage space in exchange for reconfiguring and beautifying its visually prominent site.
HomeGoods opening in Vernon HillsHomeGoods, an off-price home décor store, will open a 20,162 square-foot store in Vernon Hills on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 8:00 a.m.
Google overhauls search to show more pictures, videos and contextThe new features showing up in searches include introductory videos about public figures, topic videos to help users plan trips or learn about new subjects, and an overhaul of its ranking system for displaying image-based searches, offering users more context and easier ways to shop online.
Instagram founders depart Facebook after clashes with ZuckerbergThe founders of Instagram are leaving Facebook after growing tensions with Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg over the direction of the photo-sharing app, people familiar with the matter said.
DHL to provide sports nutrition company with servicesDHL Supply Chain, a contract logistics firm part of Deutsche Post DHL Group, and Glanbia Performance Nutrition, a sports nutrition company, announced a five-year agreement for DHL Supply Chain to provide warehousing, warehouse management system and e-commerce support at Glanbia's 452,000-square-foot facility in North Aurora.
Self-storage facility plan approved in MundeleinA self-storage facility proposed for Mundelein's south side has been green-lit by the village board.
Amazon invents another way to get Alexa into your houseAmazon.com Inc. has shown a boundless desire to put its Alexa smart-home devices in every nook and cranny of people's houses. Just last week, it announced a raft of new gadgets, including a microwave and clock. Now it's making its first bet on a homebuilder.
Brand-name drugmakers turn on each other in fight for new marketPfizer's multibillion-dollar gamble on cheaper versions of costly biotechnology drugs has turned into an all-out war of words with its pharmaceutical rivals.
Business owners' increased use of technology creates new gateways for cybercriminalsUsing connected technologies like artificial intelligence, drones, robotics or wearable sensors can increase a business's likelihood of being a cyber-attack victim because these technologies give cyber-criminals new access points into a company's IT infrastructure if not properly protected.
Checkbox training doesn't fix harassmentEvery HR leader has likely told a manager that sleeping with a subordinate is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and that unwelcome sexual jokes and/or touching are inappropriate in the workplace.
Francke among 5 MPS attorneys earning top honorsHal Francke, a partner at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC has been named 2019 "Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year" for the Chicagoland area by Best Lawyers.
Thinking of selling your business? Now may be a good timeSelling a business is one of the most important financial decisions in a business owner's lifetime.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- West DundeeWest Dundee offers incentives for pizzeria to upgrade former Francesca's site
- West DundeeU-Haul to expand storage, reconfigure West Dundee site
- Vernon HillsHomeGoods opening in Vernon Hills
- North AuroraDHL to provide sports nutrition company with services
- MundeleinSelf-storage facility plan approved in Mundelein
- RosemontProfessional cuddlers? Yes, and they're coming to Rosemont.
- Lake ZurichRemains of Lake Zurich Hackney's to be torn down in coming weeks
- AuroraAurora mayor honored by Togolese officials
- RosemontRosemont engineering firm to host recycling event Friday
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect apartment complex sold
- GrayslakeCLC, Baxter partner on new lab
- Hoffman EstatesSears' CEO has come up with a last-minute plan to save it from bankruptcy
- Fox LakeDental office opening in Fox Lake
- NapervilleNaperville restaurant loses liquor license
- Hoffman EstatesNew life for shuttered Hoffman Estates bowling, but without iconic look
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more