Why tourism is thriving in the suburbs
A new dining pavilion at Woodfield Mall, a renovated golf course in Addison, the addition of Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee and new hotels and restaurants spotting the suburbs are just a few new aspects helping tourism thrive and grow in the area.
Should Vernon Hills give local company $1.37 million to attract millennials?Vernon Hills is considering a potentially precedent-setting sales tax agreement that would help fund internal renovations at a corporate headquaters along Milwaukee Avenue.
Suburban health insurance providers sue opioid manufacturers, prescribersTwo suburban-based nonprofit risk pools that provide more than 203 local municipalities with employee health insurance filed a joint lawsuit against leading opioid manufacturers, distributors, professional associations and prescribers.
St. Charles lifts ban on home alcohol deliveriesSt. Charles officials have decided to lift the city's ban on alcohol deliveries, as long as all parties involved follow existing state and local liquor laws.
Car wash wins approval in Naperville, but city council isn't exactly enamored of itA new car wash coming to Ogden Avenue in Naperville could be part of a revitalization that is beginning to happen along the corridor, officials say.
Des Plaines gives early go-ahead for senior apartments over neighbors' oppositionA proposed senior living community in Des Plaines opposed by its potential neighbors narrowly cleared a major hurdle Monday toward approval from city leaders.
Feder: Kathy Hart still won't say why she left The MixDuring the six months she was absent from "The Eric and Kathy Show" last year, Kathy Hart says she underwent treatment for headaches, dizziness and "some other unpleasantries that I won't share," Robert Feder writes.
6 techniques to boost your businessThank goodness times have changed and we can prospect new leads without cold calling and shameless begging, says Mary Sprow, director of sales at Topgolf .
Austrian-based metrology company moves HQ to ItascaAlicona, a global supplier of optical 3-D surface measurement solutions, recently moved its U.S. headquarters to Hamilton Lakes in Itasca from Bartlett.
Savant Capital Management recognized as leader by Barron's and ForbesSavant Capital Management, a nationally-recognized, fee-only wealth management firm headquartered in Rockford, with additional locations in Downers Grove, Hoffman Estates, Naperville and St. Charles, has been ranked by Barron's in its list of Top 40 Registered Investment Advisory Firms and recognized by Forbes, naming Brent Brodeski, CEO of Savant, as one of America's top wealth advisers.
Morton Grove company expands to CaliforniaOnePoint Patient Care, a company specializing in local pharmacy and e-prescribing technologies, has opened a new hospice-dedicated pharmacy in San Leandro, California.
There ain't no sanity clause: The Marx Brothers interpret waivers of subrogationThere ain't no sanity clause: The Marx Brothers interpret waivers of subrogation
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Vernon HillsShould Vernon Hills give local company $1.37 million to attract millennials?
- Oak BrookSuburban health insurance providers sue opioid manufacturers, prescribers
- St. CharlesSt. Charles lifts ban on home alcohol deliveries
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove puts temporary ban on dog, cat sales
- NapervilleCar wash wins approval in Naperville, but city council isn't exactly enamored of it
- Des PlainesDes Plaines gives early go-ahead for senior apartments over neighbors' opposition
- Downers GroveSavant Capital Management recognized as leader by Barron's and Forbes
- Hoffman EstatesSears' 'radical' past: How mail-order catalogs subverted the racial hierarchy of Jim Crow
- East DundeeEast Dundee creates new liquor license for small breweries
- AlgonquinHand Crafted Pizza Co. in Algonquin offers a healthy spin on a favorite
- SchaumburgAssurance relocating headquarters in Schaumburg
- Hoffman Estates'Frankly, I'm surprised it took so long': Sears retirees not surprised by bankruptcy filing
- Hoffman EstatesSears will 'move ahead' with naming rights for Hoffman Estates arena, officials say
- GurneeGurnee closes new farmers market for the season Sunday
- Elk Grove VillageManufacturers gather for Elk Grove business expo
Through the Film Magnifier: Johnny Cash, Homing Pigeons, John Belushi, Ted Nugent, Marshall Brodien and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring singing nuns, Kickapoo rock fest, the Paddock Olympics, rocket clubs and more.
Through the Film Magnifier: Featuring Joan Rivers, Larry Lujack, The Arlingtones, disco dancing and more