Two hospitalized after hazardous material situation at Lincolnshire pool

By Henry Redman
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 5/23/2019 5:12 PM

Two people were hospitalized around 2:20 p.m. Thursday after police found them unresponsive but breathing at a community pool at 445 Village Green in Lincolnshire, according to a news release from the Lincolnshire Police Department.

When police arrived, they found a male and female unconscious, and the two were taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge in serious condition, the release said.


Authorities are treating the incident as a hazmat situation, according to the release.

Early information suggests the incident was possibly caused by a chlorine or carbon monoxide leak from a recent pool servicing, the release said.

Several first responders are being evaluated for exposure to the chemical and residents in the immediate area of the pool were told to stay indoors with windows closed and ventilation systems off, according to the release.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.