Prosecutor: Bavarian stabbing suspect has long arrest record

 
 
Updated 12/16/2018 7:46 AM
hello

BERLIN -- Bavarian authorities say the 38-year-old German man arrested in connection with stabbing three women in Nuremberg last week has a long criminal record, including a sexual assault conviction.

The three separate stabbings took place late Thursday and all the women are still in the hospital being treated for their injuries.

Authorities said Sunday that the man, whose name wasn't released, was arrested Saturday morning after police stopped him because he fit the description of the suspect. He was found in possession a knife and investigators linked him to the attacks through DNA analysis.

Prosecutor Antje Gabriels-Gorsolke says the suspect has 18 convictions, primarily for theft but also for drugs, fraud and one for sexual assault in 2002. He has no address but most of the crimes were committed in eastern Germany.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.